Ash vs. Evil Dead

The Ash vs Evil Dead Facebook page has the first episode available for streaming.

“You like my wood?”

It’s arguably the combination of being high and the woman being into foreign poetry. The second, in particular, is rare.

Pretty much.

Fair point.

Ash had to do something stupid to release the hounds of hell again – that’s his character. I’m fine with that little vignette as the starting point. Guys will be very reckless in the pursuit of getting laid.

That was a strong first episode, especially since there was a lot of exposition in it. I guess the police detective is going to play a major role, and we haven’t seen Lucy Lawless yet either. I wonder if those two are going to team up and we’ll have two storylines running?

“Sometimes what you think you saw, is exactly what you saw.”

Oh was that her? Did I miss her?

I need to get Starz now to see episode 2. I doubt they will put up another free episode.

Yeah, she was in the diner (iirc) and delivered that line after Ash saw his second deadite thing. I almost didn’t recognize her, she looked very young somehow in that scene (great lighting, I suppose) but during the very next commercial break I saw her name attached to the show and realized that must have been her. I didn’t know she’d be in the show, honestly, but I’m thrilled she is! I hope she has a big role.

Bruce was on The Nerdist podcast this week. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard/seen him outside of a movie or TV show. It may be my favorite Nerdist podcast of all time now. He’s freaking hilarious and seems burned out on the whole Hollywood thing. Not sure I’ve ever heard someone be so honest about what it’s like to be in the business.

Also had no idea that he and Sam Raimi have been good friends since freshmen year in high school.

Oh man, you should read If Chins Could Kill then. Bruce’s (auto?)biography is quite amusing.

Get thee hence to If Chins Could Kill or Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way. Both books feature very funny and honest stories about being in B-movies.

Yeah, I heard that podcast to and he’s a genuinely engaging human being. He needs his own podcast, I could listen to him tell stories all day.

The woman who told the black woman that sometimes what you see is what you see? That was Lucy Lawless? Wow, I didn’t recognize her either.

Hmm, they don’t have the rights to anything in Army of Darkness? That bums me out: I really was wondering what the hell happened to Ash’s mechanical hand, and hoping it would make an appearance later in the show. You’d think they’d at least could reference he traveled back in time, at some point: that, at least, is an integral part of Evil Dead II.

Finally watched the first episode with my son over the weekend. I was cautiously optimistic, and it delivered on all counts! Much better than I was expecting, and just the right balance of cheesiness and gore. Plus I could watch Bruce Campbell all day.

I thought the second episode was better than the first, and while I didn’t like the idea when I first heard it, keeping it at 30 minutes seems to make the show tighter and the plot progressing.

In If Chins Could Kill there’s a story he tells about working with Kurt Russel that had me laughing until I cried.

If you’re a fan of Campbell and haven’t seen Fargo (the series), his role as Ronald Reagan is pretty awesome.

And yeah despite my early misgivings so far the format seems to work well for the time allotted.

— Alan

Well, Pablo is starting to really hold his own against the awesome comic power of the Bruce. This latest episode he had me laughing out loud more than once.

I need something to read on my flight back East next week. Sounds like If Chins Could Kill is the logical choice.