Ash vs. Evil Dead

I thought this was hot garbage for most of the season, but I finally caught up with it, and boy, things really pick up once they get to the Cabin. Am I alone in this, or anyone else feel that way?

Er, I actually really enjoyed it from the pilot.

Yeah this show hit all the right notes for me, I am only up to episode 4, but so far I really enjoy it.

I think making the show 30 minutes was the right call. I can’t see it sustaining hour long episodes.

You see that, Fear the Walking Dead? THAT’S how you make a season finale.

I love this show. I can’t wait for season 2. Creepy kid was the standout character in the finale. So much fun.

My favorite moment from the finale was Ash forgetting Pablo’s name.

“I’m not going to lose any more people I care about!”

“You care about about me, right? You’ll protect me, won’t you?”

“Ummm…sure. Stay near Kelly.”

“Okay, Kelly and…other girl…let’s go.”

God so many great lines there. Yeah, the exchange tgb123 and hepcat were referring to (both of them) were stand outs. His back-fired three-stooges eye-poke was great, too. Those kids were incredibly effective at creeping me the fuck out!

This was a lot of fun. Yeah, 30 minutes is absolutely right for this. And it’s better if you don’t binge-watch it, I think - every episode consists of some one-liners and a couple of gorefest set-pieces. That formula works better if you space it out some.

And finished, a fun 10 episode romp, special effects were just the right level of cheesiness.

Set your DVRs. Season 2 starts tomorrow (Sunday).

[S2 opener] Still trying to figure out why they just had to have a naked woman on the autopsy table. I mean, sure, yeah, we don’t like wear clothes or anything when we’re on the slab, but said “corpse” was obviously eye candy. You know, like not run over by a truck and stuff. Not that it bothered me, I was just wondering.

Come on, the whole show is just gratuitous violence and gore, why not throw in some gratuitous nudity too? I’m sure Campbell and Raimi (and probably Lawless too) were laughing their heads off.

I need to get caught up on this. We usually watch a lot of our regular shows at dinnertime and…yeah, that doesn’t work so well with this show.

We eat dinner while watching it and it’s so over the top it doesn’t bother us at all.

Speaking of gratuitous, how about a hand for gratuitous Lee Majors!

Yeah, I particularly loved the fact that, just in case anyone failed to recognize him, they had to throw in the lines from the Six Million Dollar Man intro.

What was funny was I had just turned to my wife and said “I think that’s Lee Majors”.

Ouch. I didn’t even notice Lee Majors until I caught up on this thread. Kind of retro awesome lines there then!

Was that supposed to be the series finale? It sure felt like it.

Loved the spoof of Return of the Jedi