Ash vs. Evil Dead

3rd season was confirmed!

Except Ruby still walking around and someone else finding the book… seemed more series finale to me.

It worked okay for Supernatural.

We need to get caught up on this.

This is a pretty good interview with the showrunner regarding the finale. That ending felt really weird to me, and I guess this is why.

Thanks for the link. That was a great read.

I just realized after watching the tease, that I haven’t watched season 2 yet!

Crap, neither have we.

My son and I watched it while it aired, you guys are in for a treat. We thought it was even better than the first season.

Crap. Now I have to get Starz.

One of my problems with the series is that I just don’t really care much for the supporting cast, and occasionally some interesting characters show up that IMO would make a good addition to the cast only to eventually get killed while the lackluster supports survive.

Netflix has informed me that the first two seasons are now available to stream.

I’m watching this on Netflix now, and I’m enjoying it way more than I expected. The tone reminds me of the good parts of Reaper (albeit without Ray Wise), or Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Not that I didn’t expect to like it, but I wasn’t sure I’d buy in to the campiness. It’s so very very Raimi, it’s great. I guess I wasn’t sure where the line between gore, comedy, and action would be, but I like where it ended up.

I’m also really digging the soundtrack choices.

Also, I know this has been noted, but what the fuck is Lucy Lawless’s skin care regimen? Jesus, she doesn’t look a day older.

Lucy Lawless is in this? She was so good in Chuck. I haven’t seen her in anything else though.

She’s not in every episode, but she is in it.

Finished it today. The finale to season 2 is pretty weird.

I know that time travel never makes sense, but the way they implemented it felt particularly nonsensical. I suppose that the 3rd season could get a fair amount of mileage out of just exploring what changed and what didn’t, but I do fear that they’ll just use it as a general reset button.

Reading the alternate season 2 finale interview above really sounds quite a bit better, given what they were setting up the entire season. I hope that they don’t abandon Kelly’s thread entirely, because it would kind of invalidate any arc for the character.

I also was a little confused by the Baal scenes where Baal spoke to people’s minds. The extent to which Baal had to actually physically do things vs. when he could apparently just invade your mind wasn’t well defined.

Overall, I think the 2 season did a good job of identifying what the core of the Evil Dead franchise was without being too slavish. I hope the new showrunner doesn’t try to skew the next season too serious.

I can see why the colon fight might have been a point of contention though, so I don’t think the internal disagreements we’re absurd, but I do think the previous show runner showed a really good sense for the franchise flavor.

Really hope they don’t take it serious. That colon fight was the most Evil Dead thing in the whole show, even if I did cringe at first.

Season 2 is fantastic, only 2 episodes in, but really loving it.

Whoa don’t know how I missed that. Time to embiggen my queue.

Almost finished up season 2. The Puppet fight was amazing!

Season 3 starts tonight!