Ashcroft: Intensive care

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/05/ashcroft.hospitalized/index.html

I have to say, I’m having a hard time feeling bad about this one.

Is Kevorkian available to attend him?

While I wouldn’t wish death on him, I hope this somehow gets him out of office.

Even I don’t want him to die. Besides, if he does it’s like winning a football game by forfeit.

He has the unmitigated GALL to have gallstones? Unbelievable! :lol:

Why not? Are these pragmatic “We don’t want a martyr” reasons, or do you simply not wish death upon him? If it’s the second reason… why?

The Himmler you know is better than…

Dunno, even though I…say it through gritted teeth…I actually don’t wish for anyone to die, even Ashcroft. Having the board of the ACLU urinate on him while he’s tied up in chains on live television is another thing!

I don’t want him dead; I just want him out of office.

Although that’s not to say that “out of office” COULDN’T be interepreted as “out of office and stranded naked in the Ozarks, stalked by a trio of god-fearing but very horny bumpkins”.

Why not? Are these pragmatic “We don’t want a martyr” reasons, or do you simply not wish death upon him? If it’s the second reason… why?[/quote]

Maybe it’s because no matter how much you disagree with a person, that person is still a human being? Even I was saddened by Paul Wellstone’s death. If you really let politics cloud your judgement so much that you want to see someone hurt, you’ve lost track of your humanity a little bit.

I remember going to a party at college to watch our football team on TV with a bunch of athletes (men and women), a couple of the guys were ex-football players. One of “our” guys leveled his opponent, and it took him a while to get up. While we were watching to see how he was, one of the female athletes (from a non-contact sport) was yelling at the downed player through the TV, basically gloating over the fact that our guy had injured him. I’ll never forget the look of horror on the ex-football players’ faces as they watched her. One of the guys muttered “That’s just not right.”

Moral: Don’t kick a guy when he’s down, it makes you look like a goon.

Ouch. Having had a “normal” gallbladder attack (which is insanely painful), I’ll bet the pancreatitis version is pretty bad.

It won’t kill him, though; just puts him in agony.

Perfect. :D

Kucinich would be ashamed of you. :wink:

I am. I despise the man, and think he’s fascistic scum without a shred of decency or concern for the constitution or his fellow man, but I have absolutely no wish to see him come to harm or die. There is no one in this world that I wish death upon, and wishing that a political adversery would die is despicable.

Bill Maher’s show tonight: Ashcroft’s illness comes from an infection he got while wiping his ass with the Bill of Rights. :twisted:

I am. I despise the man, and think he’s fascistic scum without a shred of decency or concern for the constitution or his fellow man, but I have absolutely no wish to see him come to harm or die. There is no one in this world that I wish death upon, and wishing that a political adversery would die is despicable.[/quote]

Question: Would the world be better or worse if John Ashcroft had never been born?

[size=1]Note to Feds: this is a philosophical question. I do not intend to harm John Ashcroft in any way, nor am I the cause of his illness.[/size]

I think the word is “Karma.”

Holy shit, there’s a lot of venom in this thread. Let it flow guys, you’re looking more and more like the foaming at the mouth Clinton haters.

There’s damn few people who I think the world would be a better place without. Stalin, Pol Pot, that Godwin’s Law guy, a few other truly evil people, sure, the world would’ve been better without them. But a guy with deep religious convictions, who sticks to them, who goes into public service, who graciously concedes an election that according to MO law, he couldn’t have lost, man, that’s cold-blooded. And you guys claim to be the compassionate ones…

But a guy with deep religious convictions, who sticks to them, who goes into public service

Sounds like a potential Tally-ban terrorist type to me!

Holy shit, there’s a lot of venom in this thread. Let it flow guys, you’re looking more and more like the foaming at the mouth Clinton haters.

There’s damn few people who I think the world would be a better place without. Stalin, Pol Pot, that Godwin’s Law guy, a few other truly evil people, sure, the world would’ve been better without them. But a guy with deep religious convictions, who sticks to them, who goes into public service, who graciously concedes an election that according to MO law, he couldn’t have lost, man, that’s cold-blooded. And you guys claim to be the compassionate ones…[/quote]

I didn’t say he was cold blooded. I think he’s insane.

The question is, does he do more harm to the world or more good? I think the answer is more harm.