Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

The Epic Map Pack DLC is out today with new maps and a new scenario. :)

More details: http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/478602/

Scenario: Against All Odds
You’ve hacked your way into the Nexus that controls both Turinium
generators on the planet Qoshyk, but the 4 Substrate entities controlling the planet are now
aware of your presence. Mac has subverted the nearby Substrate Guardian and the automated
constructs swarms are being held in check for now, but how long will that last?

New maps:

Anishanaa - This 6-player map contains isolated starting regions that funnel into epic battles along the map’s equator.

Xenophile - All four Nexuses start in the middle, separated only by thin chasms. Expand out into the fields to claim all of the resources before your enemies do and seal the victory.

Pinwheel - Endlessly turning one before the other, don’t become too focused on the fight in front of you - the fight from behind will shttp://www.stardock.com/ashesofthesingularity/epicmpdlc/ashes_epicmp_safeire5.png points share a resource-rich plateau. The four outer players must break through to seize the resources - and the Turinium - that are guarded within.

Safeire - Choose different teams and starting locations to change the way this map plays. An Eastern or Western starting point makes for a slower and more expansive game, while a Northern or Southern starting point will make for more immediate conflicts.

Kursck - Keep your enemies out and your armies flowing by building up defenses on this large, radially symmetrical map.

The v1.3 update for Ashes is available today. This update includes new maps, more responsive units, and a new Map Ping feature. :)

More info and changelog here: Ashes of the Singularity v1.3 is Now Available » Forum Post by Island Dog

New Features
Unit Responsiveness - Units now respond faster to move orders and reach their destination more efficiently. Adjusted acceleration and banking speed makes units more responsive to your input, which allows for greater control of your armies.

Upgraded Movement - Larger units are now upgraded with improved movement and physics. The new AI tweaks will prevent them from clumping up (and becoming sitting ducks) or for jockeying with each other for position instead of fighting the enemy.

Map Ping - You can now coordinate attacks with your teammates by placing a marker on the mini-map. Visible only to members of your team, this feature will allow you to group up before your big assault.

Exactly.

You guys done any attempts at porting the engine to VULCAN by the way?

That’s something they are working on.

Brad has the August dev update up with lots of good info about the current status of the game and some of what’s upcoming. :)

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/478991/

I love how much support you guys have thrown into this game despite it being a niche title.

The base game buyers getting a hefty discount on the upcoming expandalone is nice too.

Yeah, the discount makes the expansion a no brainer purchase for me. Day One.

Nice bit with the August Update.
Sounds like a good idea to -later-on- reduce the hardware requirement to get all those legacy hardware people onboard, WITHOUT sacricifing the engines awesomeness on 64BIT-MGPU-RAMHOGS which was the initial version. :)

Looking forward to a future Vulcan update which should mean I can do MGPU/Thread on Win 8.1 unless my information/hopes are incorrect.

I want “64-Bit RAMHOGS” to be the name of a hardcore high school chess club or something. It has such a nice ring to it.

Wish I could play this in hospital.

The Oblivion DLC for Ashes is out today with a new scenario and several maps. :)

The v1.31 update was also released with various fixes that have been reported by players.

Full changelog: http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/479119/

Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation Releases this Fall! :)

Info: http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/479054/
http://www.ashesgame.com/escalation

[quote]Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation introduces some new and exciting content:

New Story-Driven Campaign
See Haalee’s point of view and learn about the origin of the Substrate in the campaign “Memories.” Experience the next chapter in the “Escalation” campaign as the PHC faces external and internal threats.

New Units
Add to the gameplay dynamic with new units for both the PHC and the Substrate! Destroy waves of enemies with the heavily armored Hera unit for the PHC or bolster the strength of your army and recharge their defenses with the Caregiver unit for the Substrate, and more.

New Worlds
Travel to new Crystal and Lava worlds for new and exciting scenery for truly epic battles. Wage war across landscapes of massive crystal formations or storm your enemy’s base across spans of volcanic pits and burning terrain.

Bigger Maps and Global View
Experience truly massive wars with over a dozen players at once on maps even larger than before! Face the new challenges of multi-tiered terrain and use the new Global View to manage your armies more easily.

New Buildings
Bolster your defenses with new upgradeable buildings. Unleash devastating advanced aircraft units on your enemies by building an Aviary or Advanced Sky Factory. Lay traps for your enemies or surprise them from behind enemy lines with new offensive and defensive turrets.

New Orbital Abilities
Surprise your enemy by using your quanta to call down turrets at critical moments in battle. Defend regions or deploy turrets strategically to trap incoming units or cut off a retreat.[/quote]

Wow that Lava world screenshot looks glorious! Can’t wait to dig into the new Ashes.

Woah.

Lookin’ good. Plus I’m happy that Island Dog was able to get his announcement out first, the poor guy’s been having quite a week. :D

Hey guys, pre-orders for the Ashes standalone expansion are about to start! More info on… … crap, too late.

:)

Here’s another screenshot:

I’ll be writing more details soon but the strategic zoom + two near world classes, two campaigns + doubling of the number of players, largest map size supported doubled and a bunch of new units and maps.

They’ve been busy. :)

I know I’m like a broken record, but is there any change to the way radar’s work (longer range is what I’m looking for) coming ?

Brad is there any chance you guys will release a benchmark’y thing so I can see if it’ll run on my abacus?