Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

I always felt that way about Total Annihilation.

Quoting myself because no one replies whether any changes are coming with Radar. If it weren’t for this, I would likely be playing this over Supcom.

I found this post on the steam forums - about removing Fog of War. This was back in April. Brad replied he would have the team look into it.

What is the status of this? Removing fog of war, and having ability to see all the units would make me very happy.

The DLC for Ashes and GalCiv3 are on sale at Gamersgate but sadly the store seems to be missing most of the recent pieces.

Fornthis game I love the way fog of war is handled, but I can see why for some just doing away with fog of war in options would be nice.

:)

Oh man, I was so confused. I’ve been playing Path of Exile a lot lately and that third screenshot threw me for a loop. I thought I was on the wrong article and was looking at the PoE Passive skill web.

For reference, for those who haven’t played PoE:

An update (v1.32) went out today with some fixes. :)

• Improved the “game speed” functionality to prevent inconsistent gameplay behaviours in the campaign and skirmishes.
  • All weapon modules now start with cooldown at 0. This means all weapons will fire immediately after being built.
  • Players will no longer be able to build any unit by selecting another building and (very quickly) pressing the previous factory’s hotkey.
  • Aircraft no longer stop moving when issued a stop command. This addresses an exploit in which a player spams stop and gets the aircraft to hover over a target.
  • Fixed a GWG issue that caused flashing lights and white circles to appear around buildings
  • Optimized shaders to improve performance.
  • Updated Computronium (resource lines) appearance to blend better with the environment.

Also, looks like this is on a weeklong 50% sale on Steam. . .

Brad put up a new dev journal for October which gives a bit of info about the next update and what’s been going on with Ashes. :)

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/479878/

Guys! November 3! It’s happening! /ronpaul

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m pretty stoked to see what people think of the new campaign(s) in Escalation.

Here’s some exclusive footage of Escalation. :)

New dev diary is up today. Part 1 about Escalation and Ashes. :)

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/480112

Ashes of the Singularity v1.4 update is out today with AI, balance, and stability improvements.

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/480157

Changelog:

• MRM targeting is now the same as the weapon ranges. This may help with unit AI issues
  • Brute plasma weapon targeting ranges same as its weapon ranges. This may help with unit AI issues.
  • Fix issue where units could get stuck when the local waypoint finder generates a sub-optimal path.
  • Ensure that units stay selected when army leader dies when unit is in a control group.
  • Armies will now form properly around mountains.
  • Fixed issue with local waypoint search causing erratic movement
  • Fixed issue where units can pile up if they were built within the search radius of the target location.
  • Increase the search range for rally point declumping
  • Fixed a crash when attaching engineers into an army.
  • Fixed a crash caused by forming an army with a lot more T2’s than T1’s
  • Fixed an issue where scrolling the mouse while exiting a map would crash the game.
  • PHC T3’s armor increased from 12 to 16
  • PHC T3’s logistics increased from 40 to 100
  • Zeus Armor increased from 8 to 12
  • Brute Armor increased from 4 to 8
  • Substrate T3’s ship logistics increased from 40 to 100
  • Overmind HP increased from 3000 to 5000
  • Retributor HP increased from 6000 to 7000
  • Retributor shields increased from 5000 to 7000
  • Savager shields increased from 3000 to 5000
  • Avenger hose shot count increased from 8 to 10
  • Nemesis primary weapon damage increased from 600 t0 700
  • Nemesis primary weapon pierces all armor
  • Nemesis reload time increased from 9 to 11 seconds
  • Nemesis secondary weapon now fires 2 shots instead of 1
  • Ramp cost on Orbital Strike and Detonate changed from 0.25 to 0.4
  • Destructor Building decomposer damage increased from 12 to 20
  • Destructor weapon range increased to 1.4km
  • Destructor AI driver updated to make it fire from a distance better

Brad has a guided tour of Escalation up with a bunch of screenshots. :)

http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/480170

Hi all.

and

I’ve posted up a fact sheet of Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation along with a FAQ.

Here’s the full thing: http://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/480253

I’m hoping that anyone who’s been wanting to get into a really massive-scale RTS is going to like Escalation. Adding a Sins of a Solar Empire like strategic zoom has been a game changer to how the game is played.

Escalation ships late next week. :-D

That’s looking awfully nice!

Hellooooooooo Nurse!

That zoomed out shot looks particularly awesome. Pushes a lot of my favorite buttons :)

Because I’m dumb - how does buying “Escalation” work for those of us that have Ashes? Does Steam automatically know those of us that have the original and adjusts the price accordingly? The pre-order is listed as $19.99 for me. Is that right? After looking at the mini-spreadsheet decided I had to buy.

Yes, that is the discount price. :)