Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

Thanks. We love working on it. Right now I’ve stolen some of their engineers and artists to work on Star Control but as soon as it’s done, I’ll give them back. :)

@Brad_Wardell is Not Enough Bullets a game, or just a tech demo? Was watching a video of talk about Nitrous 2.0 and there it sounded like it was a vr demo, but a tom’s hardware article made it sound like it was an actual game. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.

A little of column A and a little of column B.

Not Enough Bullets was designed to show how valuable Nitrous v2 is with VR. It decouples the shading from the rest of the rendering task. So you can have photo realistic graphics at 90fps on relatively low end hardware.

Yeah, Dan’s talk about that work was pretty interesting.

Ashes designer Callum McCole talks about designing alien units in a new dev journal. :)

Callum is a treasure.

I am so looking forward to him being able to do his thing in a future expansion/sequel to this. It’s a very new, very clean engine with years ahead of it.

Callum’s monthly Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation update is here!

Version 2.75 is on the horizon and brings a lot of exciting changes with it. Check out the dev diary to learn more!

That Alien Design Aesthetic video was great.

It’s been a little bit since I fired up Ashes, but I plan to rectify that soon. I cannot wait to see how the game has changed since my last session.

New dev journal! Check out this reflection on the game’s design, development, and growth over the last 365(ish) days from lead designer Callum McCole:

For the people that bought Escalation, did they get all the dlc that had been released already when the merge happened? I’m guessing so since I see the soundtrack and the ebook there in my library.

Yes I believe so. I owned Classic and then purchased Escalation. Initially I didn’t receive the DLC, but that was a glitch or error with my account. I contacted Stardock support and they helpfully solved my issue by activating all the DLCs (at that time) on my Steam account.

Edit: I think I misread your comment. If you didn’t own the original (Classic) Ashes then I am not sure what DLC’s you should have received when purchasing Escalation.

No I was wondering about the folks that bought the escalation upgrade. I’d already bought pretty much all the dlc, so what I ended up getting was the soundtrack and ebook along with the inception dlc that came out last year.

That was a great read. I didn’t realize there were so many changes and overhauls. They all seem quite positive and very welcome even though I enjoyed the game’s state right out of the gate (I started with Classic). I am putting this near the top of my to-play list so I can get a first-hand experience of all the improvements.

Yeah I like articles like this. It’s great to see the overview of all the work that has gone into it.

Today’s Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation dev diary is all about balance. :)

New dev diary today from designer Callum McCole. :)

I don’t know if this is a common thing but I see in my Steam account that for some reason I have an Ashes of the Singularity Escalation 66% off coupon if anyone is interested in it. I thought this might be a better thread than the giveaway thread. Just send me a PM as I’m not likely to check back into this thread.

Another tournament replay was posted today. Substrate player Amelie takes on D-VulKan as the PHC.

Ashes: Escalation v2.75 is out!

Substrate anti-air has received some re-works and the “King of the Hill” scenario is now playable as Substrate. Ladder season 3 has begun, and this update also brings some economic and balance changes.

Details and changelog: https://forums.ashesofthesingularity.com/489007/

Good timing as the game is on sale over at GMG for 10 beans!

Use code BOTR25