Ashes of the Singularity: New RTS from Stardock and Oxide Games

This is a good game for coop vs AI. It’s still one of our go-tos for our Lan parties (sweet sweet pre-Covid Lan parties … sigh)

Hey might there be a sale on the DLC to go along with this patch?

I see that patch is up on Steam. Yay!

I am with @BrianRubin, and chance of a DLC sale? I see the main game and the full bundle is on sale, but I am not sure I need the e-book or the soundtrack. I could go for some of the DLC map packs (if I understood them more) and I have had my eye on the Hunter expansion for awhile.

Hi guys! Yes, the patch is up on Steam and ready for all of you! We do have a sale - 55% off - on the base game today, but the DLC isn’t included in that right now.

We have a trailer for v3.0, which you can see here, and the very lengthy changelog on our forums, too. We would love to hear what you think of all the updates and changes, so please let me know your thoughts as you play!

Sorry about my delayed response, Pyper, I missed your question last week! The campaigns have been tested to make sure they still work properly and have been adjusted as needed (which you can see more specifics on in the changelog). The campaign missions are not fundamentally different from what they were before, so there’s no need to replay them again.

The campaign does however use most of the same units and structures as the skirmish mode, so all of the balance changes we made will apply within the campaign there. Hope that answers your question!

Very cool, thanks for the heads up! Looks great

Well that seems like a wasted opportunity. Ah well. Thanks for the answer!

Thanks!

Maybe we need to get MP Monday’s going again…

What do you know, a new PC and this game is very cool to play all these years later, with some 60 FPS on pretty high settings. Appreciate the bump to this thread and the 3.0 update, finally making my way through the campaign.

Figured I’d reinstall this and see how my new PC handles all the shiny, and while it certainly runs well, I’m getting a very disconcerting jitter on units when they move (or eg the rotating bit of a nexus), like they’re sort of phasing in and out. I don’t remember that ever happening on my old rig. The unit selection rings also flicker, at least when zoomed in, which I assume has the same root cause. Is this a known issue with a simple fix?

I’m not seeing that on my end - maybe it’s a driver issue?

I bounced off this the first time around so I thought I’d give it a go since the update is “game changing”. Still bouncing I’m afraid.

One thing did amuse me, one of the early campaign missions has you teamed up with an AI. The first time I played it ~4 years ago, the AI just starts spam building half way through the map, doesn’t leave his base and inevitably gets killed. I played the same map again yesterday, same thing happened.

Hey friends! Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation was updated to v3.1 today which reduces load times and improves combat balance and visuals. Core Worlds DLC was also released. :)

Full changelog, info, and more screenshots here: Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation v3.1 Optimizes Game with Faster Load Times and Major Balance Updates

Cool!

“We increased the number of CPU cores that can simultaneously interact with the GPU from 8 to 16 which should translate to smoother performance when thousands of units are on screen.”

Sigh, well my 12 core cpu is obsolete already. :P

hehe. Now if all my others games could make those changes, that’d be grand:
LOOKING AT YOU Planet Coaster & TW: Warhammer