Assange to self Extradite to the U.S. ???

• Assange will self extradite to the U.S. as promised
  • Assange will chicken out
  • Shit Bonerzleaks

0 voters

In case you haven’t heard, President Obama didn’t let his senioritis stop him from commuting Chelsea Manning’s sentence, and she will be out May 17th.

Wait, what does this have to do with Julian Assange?

Time to nut up or shut up Julian.

Misleading title! Thought he was actually doing this. I can’t see it actually happening though, unless he makes a deal with Trump beforehand.

Well come on! We live in the post truth world! I said it, and he said it, so it must be happening. Who cares about the details.

That being said, I updated the thead title.

Assange is such a sweaty nutsack of a man, there’s no way he actually takes any personal responsibility for anything.

Nah, no way he moves further from sugar daddy Vlad. Though, given his new right hand man in Washington, perhaps Putin gives him marching orders to go do the dirty from DC.

Exactly, he only agreed to return to the US after he knew there was likely to be a “friendly” new Justice Department here.

I think after Trump assumes the throne the DoJ will announce that there is no international pursuit of Assange by the US. This will cause his pretense that he’s hiding from the Swedes because he’s afraid of US extradition to evaporate.

Trump will execute the sentence and kill Assange with a rusted axe. But Assange is smart, and will send a clone, and not the real himself.

If Assange does this, it will be because Putin assured him that Trump would pardon him.

He has the perfect cover for a backdown. “I didn’t send that tweet nor authorise it. I don’t have internet anymore remember?”

Sounds like he might per wikileaks:

WikiLeaks has indicated Julian Assange is ready to face extradition
following Barack Obama’s decision to free a former soldier jailed for
handing over classified documents to the anti-secrecy organisation.

Now, whether that is just a re-iteration of the the old saying, or something new based on the commutation is tough to tell.

Interestingly enough, the US hasn’t formally charged Assange with anything (per at least one recent article), so there isn’t really anything to extradite him for, AFAIK (yet).

We do have treaties with the UK and Sweden though, so they’d get their hands on him if we didn’t override them and decide to charge him without espionage or the like.

I think it’s more a sign of how safe he feels under Trump.

Just in time for Trump to make him head of cyber security.

Maybe CIA/NSA.

He handed the election to Trump, and is betting on that allowing him to live a life of comfort in the US, rather than being stuck in an embassy.

He’s probably right.

What he’s do is claim that he meant “pardon” instead of “commute” when saying clemency, and he’ll stay right where he is.

p.s. Sort of a clever move for Obama, because if Assange doesn’t do it, the US can claim that he’s and unreliable liar and now we have proof. Anyhow, I doubt Assange had anything to do with Obama’s decision.

That was quick

Utilizing the tactics of a 5 year old trying to get out of going to sleep “you said go to bed! not go to sleep” the commutation of the sentence is not enough. She must be released immediately! Not in May! There is a huge difference.

No word on whether or not he will be coming stateside in May.

He may not have until May.

https://twitter.com/OliverCooper/status/848667741989064706

Huh. Looks like Wikileaks should have spent more time messing with the Ecuadorian election instead of the American one.