Assassin's Creed 3

Yeah, if the modern-day stuff had been more of this, then I’d have welcomed more Desmond.

I actually enjoyed the modern-day stuff in AC4 and Rogue. The other two games have all but reduced it to a few video clips here and there.

My only requirement for future modern-day stuff in AC games is that Ubisoft must keep the character of Shaun Hastings writing the database entries. Delightful.

Don’t play Liberation then. Someone from Abstergo is writing the entries in those games. Honestly, would also make sense if Abstergo did the DB entries for Black Flag and Rogue as well.

But yeah. Just in general, all AC games need more Shaun and Rebecca in them.

Especially because Shaun is apparently based, at least in part, on Charles.

So, at what point does Shaun start updating the database again? Didn’t happen in Liberation, and not the case in Black Flag (and assume it’s true for Rogue as well). And given the complete lack of any gameplay in the ‘present’ day, I don’t know how they’d have it in Unity or Syndicate either (though they might have and I just don’t remember - only played each once thus far).

His database entries make a welcome return in Unity and Syndicate.

This will be the December PC giveaway for Ubisoft’s 30th anniversary.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

Hey, anybody play the Tyranny of King George DLC for AC3? Looks like it’s on sale on Xbox, and since the base game is now back compat I’m wondering if I should give it a go. Any opinions?

I also want to know if the King George DLC is worth it. Scrolled back far enough to see one negative take, anyone else want to weigh in?

I started a new game yesterday, I had it in my backlog since release… since I really want to play Origins, I figured, I save the money and play through 3 first …
So I am really late to the party.

I noticed that Boston must have the dumbest rats in the history of rats… They don’t run away and you can walk over them and you get a squishy sound and then they are dead. Totally unrealistic game so far!

Some how I have AC3 in my Steam Library but I have not played it before. I enjoyed and completed AC2. I think I am halfway through for AC2: Brotherhood (in Rome) and I have not started AC: Revelations. I need to be talked out of these games in my backlog although I’d really like to finish Brotherhood mainly because I am curious to explore Rome.

I can help there Habibi. AC3 has the single most rage inducing final mission of all AC games combined. The faux parkour missteps you will have on this 15 minute long chase mission, as you restart it over and over and over again cured me of AC games for several years after… and cost me a controller…

Reminds me of GTA3’s Debbie Does Dallas mission and Mafia’s Racing Mission. No, thank you… there’s plenty of games around instead of wasting more youth trying levels like this. Thank you @Fozzle

I can’t help it, but I would be surprised if that last mission is really that hard. This Tom Chick fella didn’t mention it in his 5 star review and usually he is the controller throwing guy … I think you need more data on this last mission before you purge it from your backlog!

5-star indeed…
You win!

Not to be outdone by linkage!

(Then again, it is Kotaku, but it’s the best I could do at work on short notice!)

@tomchick need to come to the rescue!

I didn’t like the final chase mission because it was dumb, not because it was particularly hard. I’d long ago lost interest in that story anyway. The real AC3 story was about Conner building a community in his little village.

Connor. And yes, I’m a little funny about this because it’s my son’s name and people consistently misspell it.