Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

I can’t find it, got a link?

This is the one I bought earlier and it worked:

Lk are you mouse and kb? I may try that again… I want to see that Atlantis DLC.

AC are you playing this? Gosh that is pretty nice.

(I forgot that tomorrow was a holiday until my staff said they weren’t coming in so here I am)

A friend of mine sent me pics he took just this past week or so in Greece and some of the Aegean islands. It’s amazing how much the game looks like, well, Greece!

TW it is unbelievable graphics-wise…and it is HUGE. As open world games go, this may be the Kassandra Queen.

Controller, I barely use arrows so no need to aim. Arrows seem so much worse in this compared to Origins.

Arrows are pretty amazing in this game. My Kassandra is primarily an archer. She’s deadly.

And the arrow-play is so damned satisfying.

But if you spec more towards the hunter , then sword fighting feels weak. :|

Not unless you’re really bad at speccing your character.

You don’t need to spend a ton of points in the Hunter line. Gear multipliers do wonders here, because hunter headshots are so damage-heavy, and an extended quest line gives you a terrific legendary bow early that I found was worth my while to keep upgraded throughout.

So…gear for Hunter, spec for warrior, and keep enough points in assassin to be effective enough at that.

Sigh…

I miss throwing knives with ridiculous range and insta kill damage.

Wait – you are using the controller? Sigh. The universe may end…

Hey peeps, what are the CPU/GPU (SSD or HD?) of what you’re running Odyssey on?

Yep still getting the constant pausing in bullet time where camera can still be moved when frame limiter 30fps is off.

After hate-playing BioWare’s Anthem for the last 2 months, returning to Odyssey was joyful. I just made it to Elysium with Kassandra.

(some DLC spoilers:)

Kassandra is a boss. Not to be too over-enthusiastic, because yeah, there are a lot of repeated lines and hokey head-scratching quests and stuff, but she really is very fully developed and, well, human. Watching the animations and listening to her voice as she handles some pretty intense dialog is a master class in how this sort of thing should be done. I don’t know how much Ubi spent on this thing, but clearly they got their Euro’s worth.

Chugging along with this, just upgraded the spear for the 3rd time.

Around level 23 now and just returned to Athens, the story sure felt like it was dragging between levels 18 and now. But shit seems to have hit the fan so I am pretty excited to see where this goes now.

So how do you initiate a conquest battle? I know in the first area I talked to the Spartan leader to initiate it but I’m in Phocis now and I can’t find any Spartans around to talk to. So how can I initiate this? Thanks.

I think you go to the battlefield marker? Dunno. The whole battle stuff is wonky, because as you get into the game you really have zero clue as to which side you want to fight for, if any of them! Maybe that’s the point–as a mercenary, do you really care? But the story pushes you in some contradictory directions for sure.

Right now I’m working on honing my naval warfare skills, as taking on multiple ships (like multiple land targets) is challenging. I sure did find out that I have to keep upgrading my ship, though, but wow is that expensive.

There should be a little red flag on the map of the territory where you reduced faction power.

It doesn’t matter. You can switch loyalties Willy nilly and no one remembers and there are no consequences. It’s my one big disappointment with this game.

You just kill enough of the dominant force in a territory to bring it down to weakened status. At that point you can go to either the blue or red flag in the area and fight for them. The “defending” force, the side you’ve been killing in an area, will be slightly easier to win with in conquest than the “invading” side.