Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

I’ve been playing this game and enjoying it - alot - and just want to share some thoughts:

1. I think many of the quests are very well done. Yeah, most are fetch and/or kill, but there’s always a story wrapped around them, some of them very funny, some sad, some poignant and bittersweet. I’ve laughed pretty hard at times and also had a tear in the corner of my eye at times.

2. The game is a lot funnier than I thought it would be. The racket on Crete regarding a certain beast is hilarious, and some of Alexios’s response that you can give are funny also. At one point you have to share with some children a story of a Greek myth and it you haven’t refreshed your memory and tell the story wrong - well, let’s just say it doesn’t go well in a funny way. And anything with with Alkibiades is fun trouble.

3. I played Alexios (yeah, I know Kass is the favorite) but I’ve really enjoyed his voice acting and he really has grown on me. I don’t regret choosing him at all. And the annoyed look he gets every so often is pretty funny.

4. Early on I sucked at Conquest battles, fighting mercenaries and legendary beasts. I was putting conquest battles and legendary beasts on easy and still doing pretty badly. I was late in getting into the whole engravings thing and that didn’t help. And I really wasn’t using my powers every well. And I really wasn’t looking to maximize my armor/weapons in a proper way - learning curve I guess. But realizing I had to do better, I spent some time reading up and figuring stuff out and that really helped. Went back to normal difficulty and now in conquest battles, I go in and hunt the captains, rather than run from them, and I kick butt. I’ve killed all of the legendary beasts without much difficulty.

5. The Greek Hero set is awesome. It blocks 30% of all damage. I also have an engraving that gives me a 20% chance to block 50% damage. That’s effectively another 10%. I rarely go below 50% health any more. I also have the option to add more to my defense but right now I’m weighing between that or increasing my offense.

6. My favorite skilla are Overpower Attack (just got an engraving that reduces the adrenaline cost by 1) and Ring of Chaos (it is awesome when you are getting swarmed in Conquest battles), and Rush Assassination (can be chained up to 4 attacks in sequence - find a boss/champion and a minion, hit the boss first, then the minion, then come back the boss/champion if you didn’t kill him the first time). Spartan kick is great fighting on top of a tower (I once kicked about 5 guys one after the other after they chased me to the top of a fortress tower), and fighting on ships where you can kick bossed into the sea - but it is sort of situational. And the top tier or shield breaker is awesome if fighting one on one and it has a knockback effect also - but Ring of Chaos is better if you are swarmed.

7. I love ship battles. Building/leveling up my ship was fun/interesting and I just love the combat - arrow/javelin attacks, ramming, boarding with my legendary lieutenants fighting by my side. It’s so much fun. This was done really well.

Overall, this is a very fun game and it is really huge, but so far it hasn’t gotten boring due to the quality of the quests. Really loving it.