Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

At a certain point the game just turned falling damage off. My Kassandra just leaps off anything, rolls and gets up. The horse… not always so good.

Videogame just not giving a fuck and being a videogame-ass videogame. I love it.

Well you can’t die from falling. It is some ac thing. My K is a warrior and not some hooded assassin from some past game. I dunno.

230114_908223010

This is the first AC game that you can’t die from falling. ;)

I think the latest update disabled fall damage. I definitely took damage when falling from high when I first started playing.

You stop taking falling damage at lvl 20.

yup, and that is hilariously videogamey and fun.

Yeah, if you open up your Ability screen, look at the abilities along the bottom. One of them affects how much falling damage you take. Also, if you haven’t looked down there, getting more synchronization points buffs your eagle.

I have to honestly say that the no falling damage was cool at first, but now it just annoys me because it instantly reminds me that I’m playing a game. I know. I know. Animus, superpowers, etc. I can’t help it. It just feels like it went too far.

Especially given falling is kind of a non-event, Kassandra clearly being Arachnewoman.

Spent 45 minutes or so last night clearing out a fort in all stealth (except for the commanders who i couldn’t stealth kill). Just so much fun skulking about the roofs, stabbing people in the neck and dragging their bodies out of sight. The only weird thing to me is that sometimes I don’t move a body, and I can watch a guard come inspect the body and be alarmed that it is there… but then after a couple minutes he just kind of shrugs his shoulders and goes back to his lookout, while standing over the dead body of his colleague. Like, they find a body, they should raise the alarm in the whole place imo.

I don’t know if this game will hold my attention for its full length - but it is really well made. Focusing on warrior with some assassin abilities right now.

I love sneaking around but some of the most fun I have had playing this game is when things go sideways. One minute, you are quietly robbing a fort blind and the next, you have a wanted level of 3 and you are being chased around by a band of mercenaries. Where in other stealth based games, I would feel compelled to reload at points like this, in Odyssey I let the whole chaotic series of events play out.

Yeah, those are little treasure hunt mini-quests that guide you to a location to find some loot. The check mark means you found it. You probably solved one of them by accident through exploration. I’ve been having fun with them except for the “dog guarding a moored ship” clue which I couldn’t figure out after wasting a lot of time searching.

Remember, there are some of us that like the modern day stuff. Sometimes it’s implementation isn’t all that great (Revelations, Unity), but I, at least, still like the modern day storyline.

Remember? How can I remember something I flat-out do not believe?

Anybody have a clue about engravings and stacking effects? (And when I say ‘engravings’ not just the slot you can modify but the other ones which are fixed.)

I’m pretty certain if I have the same engraving on several pieces of armor that they are additive. But what about the ones on your weapons? I’m currently dual-wielding sword and daggers so I guess I’d expect any engravings on both to stack. But do the engravings on my bow count if I’m not wielding the bow?

I’m assuming it does, because otherwise stuff like +warrior damage or +assassin damage on a bow would make no sense.

Peach I am going to check on that. I have a “+12 percent total armor” engraving I use on legs and chest. Is that plus 24 percent TOTAL armor? And is that “total” (which would make that a decent engraving).

I do think they stack.

My point is that the levels always keep up with me… my maps, let me show you them…

Is this what happens to you guys? Every “old” region stays up with my level. So the boar was always the same level as me.

I did finally beat it, by far the hardest fight in the game (to me, so far). At the end of that i sort of became a badass and now can dance through every subsequent fight no problem.

I did that fight when I ran into him about L15 or so. It’s still been far and away the toughest fight, the other three or so similar “boss animals” I’ve fought haven’t been anywhere near as rough.