Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Yes Josh I love having our own ancient Greek expert here. Thanks for the corrections. If you are actually playing this game how does it feel (as in “authentic” or “gamey” etc)?

BTW I did listen to your podcast! (scroll up anyone reading, Josh linked it a few weeks ago).

Thanks, everyone.

Nope, not playing it yet. I won’t get the chance before next month. But I plan on doing an edited Let’s Play with commentary – my wife (who’s also an archaeologist) has said she might join me for that.

Oh that’s even better! Great!

Please post a link when you do! That sounds awesome!

I HATE bears. Just hate them.

Yeah? naw they’re cute. Big ol’ bear. I always feel sorry for killing them.

Now wolves and dogs, those can fuck right off and eat my spear.

also, @JoshoB, I love you corrections and drops of knowledge. You obviously have deep knowledge of your stuff, and you are not coming off as a pedant. Just keep doing that and I am also looking forward to your let’s play.

Oh! You mean “Arrow pincushions”.

Ok ok… I’m convinced. As someone who never buys first-party games at release price… what the heck is up with all the editions? Which one did you buy or should I buy?

Honestly, you’re probably fine with the standard edition at this point. There’s SO MUCH game here that if you finally do get to the end and you want that Dagwood Sandwich of moar Odyssey, there’s a decent chance you’ll start seeing the season pass hitting sales here and there.

This game is really fun.

More like ‘sword sponge’.

One thing the game does need to add in - similar to what one of the patches added for Origins - is a way to hide those inventory items you can’t sell or dismantle.

I don’t get the reference :P … but yeah probably the base edition.

Ha! Showin’ my age. In the comics, Dagwood would always make these impossibly gigantic sandwiches…and Odyssey is absolutely a Dagwood Sandwich of a game. :)

Eh, sonny? Couldn’t hear you over the sound of the Dagwood sandwich mastication of my toothless gums.

Btw, I love games with impossible scope. This one’s so huge.

So I have access to this game and 1000 of the RMT currency, what are people’s opinions on getting the permanent XP boost thing? (Ewwwww.)

Also, I’m playing on hard (because Tom Chick told me I have to), is this sensible?

Well I almost died from two chickens on medium. YMMV.

Scott I just bought the cheapest version. I mean you can always grab the rest later. Plus holy crap there is a lot to do. Fending off sharks, chickens, wolves and some mercenary that will kill you!

It is fun and astonishingly amazing graphically.

Ok so … Tom’s stream had me actually trying some new stuff. Sigh… I am like the first experiment in some Ubisoft control group two years ago.

I’m level 20 right now and things are moving along nicely. I haven’t felt any need for a XP booster.

It’s probably useful if you plan to skip most of the game and only do the main missions! ;)