Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Yeah, that’s the only purple armour I’ve found so far. Probably need to spend less time riding around and more time doing quests or something.

I don’t think Greek is a supported language. The bigger European languages and some Asian ones I think, from memory.

Ah, OK. I did look up the voice actress on IMDB and it looks like she must speak Greek, at least enough to be in a Greek-language TV movie.

And @KristiGaines, I don’t speak or understand Greek at all, unfortunately (apart from the words for yes and no… ne and óxi ?). With the Ezio trilogy, I could make out the words the characters were saying in Italian with the help of the subtitles and the fact that I grew up bilingual in Spanish, plus had studied about two terms of 1st year college Italian. It was pretty cool (plus I didn’t have to hear Uncle Mario’s terrible fake Italian accent).

A friend of mine, Roel Konijnendijk, did an AMA on Reddit (AskHistorians – he’s a moderator there) about the Peloponnesian War that people interested in the game might want to check out.

Drats Papa! Well anyways. For some reason I am saying malaka a lot in real life. And I am not sure that’s a great idea considering ……

Josh I am looking forward to you and your wife’s livestream.

Wow is it just me or has movement speed been increased by a lot. Also climbing speed and horses are faster. I just got my bow fixed and a free horse.

Think I am gonna wrap up the final dlc for Origins before I go any further in this, as it really feels different and I am pretty sure I won’t go back to Origins if I keep playing.

Malaka @KristiGaines

LK I think I would prefer less speed on climbing and less – well I probably would prefer a more RPG game.

Malaka!~ My Kassandra says it oh so well~!

Just bought it; am about 6 hours in and just off the starter island. Love love loving it! Such a blast!

My nit picks would be (if anyone can help or sympathize)…

Walking? Either on foot or by horse? Sometimes I just want to enjoy the scenery.

The constant chatter when I’m on horse and stop or start or change direction. I would like to ride in silence.

I like that now you can loot minerals and bush from your horse. So you don’t have to unmount to loot stuff. Tiny quality of life things like this are great.

I’ve thought the same thing. It’s one of the reasons I never end up using horses in a lot of these games. If I have to dismount any time I need to gather some resources or investigate anything, it’s just not worth the hassle.

after about fifteen hours in odyssey, I still kind of prefer origins just a little more… mainly because I feel more assassinish… possible the merc story in odyssey changes mid to late game, but so far, great game.

I havent seen much of the vaunted The Witcherish writing… alot of writing still seems pretty similar to Origin, except for a few… moral choice diferrences… but not THAT huge a diff. Still love the game so far!

Yes, I have taken that for granted and it is a great feature to be able to loot from horseback. Also game is pretty forgiving about how near you are to it.

And another thing…

I don’t play a lot of this type of action RPG so I’m super klutzy when it comes to combat still. Glad I’m secure enough in my masculinity to dumb the game down to easy level. (I still manage to get in over my head and die once in a while.) Playing on easy is definitely helping me to master the dodge, the parry and learn to use the special attacks. But this way it doesn’t get in the way of the story which I find I am really enjoying.

I played on easy too. Because I wanted to see more of the story faster. Then I quickly found that every enemy was a bullet sponge, so I did not looked back.

You can always build your own challenge by committing a crime and having mercs behind you. Or not updating your get too often. The game still thrown at you almost unwinnable scenarios that are freaking fun.

You walk by pushing the stick less… Am I missing something?

If you’re on PC, there’s a button for walking. It might be CTRL IIRC. I believe you can also make it a toggle so that you don’t have to hold it down.

Sorry, no. I’m strictly a PC gamer; no game pad for me.