Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

My point is that you can outlevel him by one by visiting, targeting him leaving, leveling up in the zone, and coming back without leaving. Now he’ll be a level below you, which is a tremendous advantage.

It’s the same in Origins. Volumetric Clouds will kill fps.

Is there consensus on whether one should buy the PC version vs PS4 then? I looked and didn’t see solid info.

I have a PC with a GeForce 1080 (non ti) and a PS4 Pro, all hooked up to a 4k oled tv. I’m ok with not playing at 4k if that’ll give more stable framrate, though ideally I would like higher quality settings.

Thanks diego

Thanks i misunderstood. I’m not sure if i beat him with +1 level or not now.

BTW if you take photos with the in-game camera function on the PS4 it somehow breaks all the Screenshots in the Capture Gallery. You can only view them if you offload them to USB.

In your case the 1080 will perform better than the PS4 Pro.

It’s only if you have a last gen card (980 series) or lower end card (1060 and below) that the consoles have an advantage.

I dunno it scaled up to a point. I hit a two level up cap on some quests and stayed. But I agree I can’t figure out the scaling at all.

That joke doesn’t work if you pronounce the names correctly. The u is pronounced v, so Evripides.

Thought this was very cool, and on-topic.

Best I can figure, the game starts out with all the different regions at a particular range of levels shown on the map. As you level up, the enemies in the area level up with you up to the maximum of either…

• The region cap, or
  • Your level - 4.

Pretty much everyone I run across (except occasionally for main quests) is 4 levels below me now.

Note: I’m playing on Easy, so YMMV.

The numbers next to the shield on the map tell you the current level and maximum level that enemies in that region will scale too

I’m currently level 20, so Boeotia looks like this:
ACOd%20Region%20Scaling .

Phokis however has reached it’s capped of level 19, enemies in that region will not scale beyond this:
ACOd%20Region%20Scaling

The thing that confused me is that as you progress through the main quest, the max scaling of regions is changed, so at the beginning of the game Phokis looks like:
ACOd%20Region%20Scaling

Odd.

That’s not true though, literally look 16 posts above.

I think the range is not a level cap but a “recommended level to tackle this region” distribution.

All the regions will trail your own level once you’ve outleveled them. On Normal at least, they trail you by two levels. So my Kassandra is lvl 23, and Kephalonia and Phokis (for example) are now lvl 21. When I level to 24, they will go up to 22.

So maybe difficulty level does have an effect. On Hard everything seems to be 1 level behind me or at equal level… although i should probably check before i’m sure.

Great. Dad-joke hecklers. :D

I lol’ed at the joke!

Endigm, I’d say absolutely difficulty level has an effect. Seems to me I’m seeing and can vouch personally that playing on Easy shortens the range of levels meaning zones will hit a cap sooner. You and others playing on harder difficulties are seeing larger ranges and/or higher caps.

Best advice I recently read here however was to stay in a local zone where you’ve marked targets at a certain level, your current level, then you yourself level up w/o leaving the zone and the targets remain a level below you.

Something I haven’t read a lot of talk on and am interested in; shipmates. When you bring someone to your ship and can put their special skills to work. As I’m 'con’ning NPCs I rest on them long enough to determine their makeup and if they are an ‘Epic’ (purple) or ‘Legendary’ (gold) type I mark them and try to knock them out in the coming battle. Also, the Mercenaries that you come across and can track seem to invariably be Legendary type. But I’m not sure what to make of some of the NPCs who have been part of the quests and storylines; sometimes at the end of the conversation you can choose to bring them aboard but you don’t know what you’re getting until you check the ship screen. Anyway, it’s no big deal if you don’t like them you can just dismiss them. Just wondering are there any advantages to keeping these quest/storyline NPCs with you such as in developing further storylines in the future with them? Perhaps… romance?

Can someone shed some insight into the mercenary system?

So, I know that mercenaries hunt me when I have a bounty. But what is this tiered system of mercenaries that I see? I haven’t figured out the point of all that yet. I’ve been steadily moving up the tiers - but does that give me some sort of benefit?

And then on-top of that I can recruit the mercenary? I mean, I did the one tutorial recruitment, but I haven’t had any worthwhile drive to try and recruit the mercenaries for my ship - are their bonuses substantial?

There is a weird amount of unexplained stuff in this one. Did I turn off hints too early?

Yeah - I agree with that… and now i have a screen of cult targets to kill and I’m not sure what that accomplishes mechanically - ha