Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

I’ve been playing a bit, but haven’t had a lot of time yet. I’ll prepare something for later in November for sure. I have to get some more time in anyway as I’m doing a radio interview about the game Friday.

So I’ve taken about two dozen photos but never got a single Like. Is there some setting I need to enable so that other players can see my screenshots on the map?

Edit: just checked all my pics and I have a single Like on one of them. Guess my pics are online… it’s just taking a while to find my audience.

For aesthetic appreciation, always a little time

Blockquote

There are times when Steam really, really sucks.

So that they force you to wait until they want you to play the game, they unlock strictly by UT, so that you can’t use a VPN to play early. As such, I have to wait 6 more hours to play the game, despite the fact I got up early today (coincidence - not planned that way).

Agree it’s not Easier to get games early by using VPN on Steam, I have purchased few games on a Previous month earlier in my region by using different VPN servers like VPN server in Sweden and UK .IF your VPN Provider is good then its become easier to do it.

I never look at those and turn them off whenever I remember. Map clutter and best and spoilers at worst. So I doubt it’s personal :)

Artists have to die first to be appreciated!

I always turn them off as they just clutter the map.

I always turn them off as well, because people love to put them on every synchronization point and it gets in the way when I try to fast travel.

That damn boar sure seems to agree!

Nearing level 30 and the grind is becoming a real problem. My gear is either 5 levels below or I’m running with blues

Can’t seem to get enough iron or soft leather, although I have plenty of wood.

Despite that, the battles haven’t been much of a problem except when I face a damage sponge who can also drop poison or fire on me.

That’s surprising to me. I’m L35 and I’ve never bothered upgrading any gear, I just swap it out with whatever happens to drop. I’m usually in purples/yellows within 2 levels or so at all times, although once in a great while I’ll have one blue quality piece of equipment on. This is on Normal, not sure what impacts that might have.

Maybe I’m too careful with my builds, but I’m focusing on warrior and assassin damage plus armor, health or elemental resistance. I have a lot of stuff that gives +poison or +fire.

Maybe i will try going more loosey goosey with my gear selection.

I tend to focus on Warrior and Assassin as well, but if I find a gear upgrade that has Hunter damage I just roll with it for the time being. A new piece will come along shortly anyway.

I don’t care too much about building for tertiary stuff like fire/poison, I just consider it a bonus if it shows up. If it’s not there, there’s always another goodie in it’s place. Can’t go wrong with more health or adrenaline or whatever.

I’m level 45 now, I mainly focus on Assassin build for equipment (any newer equipment that max out the assassin damage is what I will be using), but for skills I tend to max all warrior skills if I can. I only max out the special arrow and arrow damage on hunter tree with maxed out devastating shot as special skill to snipe captains before I hide again (Devastating shot is really OP. Most of time, I can take out a captain or mercenary with 3-4 shots, just have to relocate after each snipe).

There was a time during level 30s, I was hurting for woods as I was constantly upgrading my ships, I found the best way to get wood and iron is through naval engagement and constantly disassemble of all your lower leveled weapon and armors that you are not using. This game has so much armor and weapons, I only keep purple and gold ones, I disassemble all unless the newer blue will give me more assassin damage. I only just start engraving the weapons I’m using, because by level 45, there are some engraving are worth to have, normally I really don’t care.

If you’ve got drachmae to spare remember to scroll down the buy list at each engraver; pretty cost effective way to get loads of wood and iron and leather if they are stocking. (Plus the chance at some of those tablets once in a while.)

You guys are upgrading your gear ever level? That’s crazy. The cost it based on your current level, so it’s going to get extremely expensive if you do it all the time. I’ve been leaving it as much as ten levels before doing an upgrade.

Having your gear a few levels back isn’t the end of the world, either. That being said, looks like the patch dropping both increases the discounts you get from Mercenary Tier as well as reduces the cost of upgrades across the board, so that should help you compulsive upgraders. :P

That’s good news. The upgrade costs were kind of nutty high in this game.

10 levels behind on weapons sounds frustrating. Some if that damage sponges are frustrating enough with leveled weapons, I can’t imagine how long it takes to whittle them down when you are hundreds and hundreds of DPS behind the curve.

I don’t upgrade every level, but between 3-5 levels I start considering it and 5+ levels I start looking for new gear.

10 levels would be way too much. I’ve never been behind more than 3 though, just from random stuff I pick up along the way. There’s so much gear that drops from every mercenary, elite, treasure chest, etc that I’m usually swimming in options. Maybe I level slow (I’m L39 right now)?

I don’t upgrade anything. I just replace it with better drops. When I hit 50 I’ll upgrade some legendaries.