Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

In Origin, I upgraded every 5 levels. That worked out pretty well. It helped that the only thing I needed to upgrade was weapons. Armor was cosmetic, so you didn’t need to worry about it.

The downside to playing so much on Easy mode was mobs would be as many as 4 levels below me dropping gear the same. But since they were no trouble to kill I didn’t feel disadvantaged. Moving back to Normal the gap is only 2 levels which is nicer for the gear.

As others have mentioned; I virtually never (not since very early and cheap) upgrade but simply replace with something higher level. Armor with just what can be found; Weapons sometimes I’ll buy a good looking Epic in the shop but again mostly with what can be looted.

Moving on…

Photo Mode! Humor me please as I share with you some of my efforts.

Moonlight Sonata
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1941922-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-Photo-Mode-Thread?p=13757702&amp%3Bviewfull=1#post13757702

Kassandra’s Surf Odyessy on the Southwest Coast (scroll down a few from Moonlight Sonata)

Ikaros: A Love Story
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1941922-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-Photo-Mode-Thread?p=13759208&amp%3Bviewfull=1#post13759208

More to come; especially more surf pics. I figured out how to do stand-up surf shots with her. My earliest efforts were just bodysurfing and sailboarding. ;-)

People keep talking about hit point sponges, but I’m not seeing it myself.

I can’t replace gear every level without using stuff that doesn’t help my built, and the buffs my gear gives to my build are significantly more important than a few levels worth of scaling.

I’m not talking about everything being ten levels behind, but if I only have enough to upgrade my two lowest level pieces of gear and that leaves one thing level way lower and a few things a couple of levels lower, then the game doesn’t seem to be punishing me.

Build synergy seems much more important that item level.

Let’s just say it: Poison can be downright scary!

And as for bullet sponges --that darn deer on that island – wow.

I don’t know any deer. But I live in constant fear of accidental chicken aggro. What is it with the poultry in this game? They have more health than the brutes!

Isn’t that a story in Odysseus where people where turned I to chickens? Or was that pigs?

Pigs. But the chickens are ferocious. Beware the hens of march!

For Dutch QT3’ers: I was interviewed this morning by the NOS (national broadcaster) at the Antiquities Museum here in Leiden about the historical accuracy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. It should be broadcast this afternoon at 4.15pm. You can stream it online.

They did something similar last year with Origins (again in Dutch).

And while I’m at it, I wrote a lengthy article about Alcibiades yesterday. That’s in English, as usual. He makes an appearance in the game (from videos that I’ve seen – I’m still at Megara!), so you might find it interesting to read what the ancient sources say about this colourful character.

Vette shit kerel! Dus je hebt een item in nieuws & co?

Was Alcibiades as “colorful” IRL as he’s depicted in the game? The thing with the goats had me giggle in disgust everytime :D

Not sure if it just on the PS4, but there is a nasty bug in Elis. The game crashes when you use Ikaros. Not looking forward to stumbling around the zone without using Ikaros, especially when the game prompts me too.

Alcibiades! Yes, you’ll see lots more of him in the game; a fairly involved plotline with several related quests. Some of the funnier, racier moments. I’m going to check out your article next. Thanks!

When in Rome, schurem. When in Rome.

Yep.

Yeah, I saw a video. The sources don’t mention that he was into bestiality. But Socrates came onto him (supposedly his interest wasn’t carnal, despite Alcibiades being renowned for his good looks), and he certainly loved the ladies. When he switched sides to the Spartans, King Agis hated his guts because Alcibiades slept with his wife (and supposedly fathered Leotychides). Even his death is said by some to have been on account of his corrupting a woman from a high-ranking family…

In Alcibiades defense, he says the goats “like to watch”.

“There’s more goats?”

• Kassandra

There’s always more goats…

They do have some problems with civilian aggro in this game.

• NPC set-piece encounter in town, attacked by thugs after dialog
  • Random dog enters aoe range or takes a slash
  • Entire town + chickens attack me along with every mercenary in hellas.

On the other hand, sometimes you can just walk up to some cultist in the agora, surrounded by hundreds of people, shove a spear through their head and pull it out from the front and casually walk away while everyone else just keeps on haggling over their amphoras.

I meant the mythic quest deer that heals itself. Just wow. I’ll be back …

That map isn’t very funny. Says more about certain current attitudes than ancient ones, to be honest.

That(your) post is very funny tho :D

Just got the invite to Project Stream last night, and this might be the first AC game I get past 30 minutes on. The climbing and sneaking and assassining is way more fun than I was expecting, and Project Stream is surprisingly slick. Thumbs up so far.