Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

I believe they said if you play for at least an hour in the Google Stream version, they’ll send you instructions on how to unlock the actual PC version after the Stream version is over on 1/15.

Google gonna be footing the bill for a lot of free copies. :D

Fine by me. I was actually gonna buy the game based on my time with it via Stream anyway. Really enjoying it.

Is Project Stream live anywhere outside the US yet? I already have the game, but I’m curious to check it out. Probably not worth bothering with a VPN though.

Limited slots apparently. I signed up a couple days ago and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Don’t think so. Latency issues.

Finally started playing. I played 90 minutes of Origins first, but that was boredom. Boring story start, boring protagonist, and I hate deserts. So I watched the Layla cutscenes on youtube and started Odyssey instead and what an improvement. Kassandra is fun, the beginning is much more enjoyable, quests are more interesting and I actually enjoy the dialogues here.

Yeah, Bayek didn’t do much for me as a character, and I also am pretty much set against desert settings in games…and the story in Origins just runs off the rails.

Odyssey is the anti-Origins.

Not gonna lie , it took more than 1/2 of the main game before a personality started to reveal itself, at the end of the game he felt fleshed out, and by time I played THE HIDDEN ONES DLC he was pretty awesome. :)

But with Kassandra, she became awesome I’d say within the first hour.

I bought Origins after having played Odyssey and am really liking Bayek. I might actually finish this game.

Interesting that Kassandra’s horse is smart enough to follow a road without my steering, but that Kassandra isn’t…

I predict this feature for an upcoming AC :)

Why follow the road when you can go in a straight line do you destination?

K is smart enough. Who’s the human driver? Lol… I am starting back up on this. I have to admit I to
a break for Far Cry 5 which I really liked …. until I really didn’t. Finally killed that epic freakin’ deer.

(the deer I refer too is a part of this animal meta quest and it was killing me over and over because I generally play more warrior than hunter/or assassin).

Man, beware the mercenaries. I predict you will understand soonish.

Yeah, I used follow the road mode once. Once.

I have really had fun with this last few days. The trick is to get the combat mechanism to work right. I’ve been using mouse and kb. I tried earlier using controller.

Also I have found that just accepting every quest is gluttoney quest wise. I am being more partial to specific quests. Though I worry that’s the obsessive/compulsive in me. I almost said the alann dean foster… but…

Didn’t he have that crazy obsessive/compulsive novel? BTW was he the guy that wanted to quit the boy scouts? Hmmm … I may have all that wrong.

15 hours in, I finally encountered a quest that approaches the better ones in Witcher 3 - Family Values. A short sidequest, but hilarious.

On the negative front, I really hate how stupidly the level scaling is done in this game. People bitched about the system in TW3 but in Odyssey it is even worse and just basically worthless.

• Next chapter of season pass story
  • Another free quest for everyone
  • Aya as a Club reward
  • New workshop with engraving tiers
  • More mercs to hunt
  • Enemy scaling options!

Woohoo!

Not bad, but still think they should have implemented the ‘remains at highest level for area’ as it is for Origins.