Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Well, this just went way down in priority to buy. That’s some bullshit.

Without any hard evidence that this negativily affects the majority of the game I would say don’t let these upgrade prices sway you. If it’s that prohibitely expensive to upgrade right from level 1 then yes it’s game breaking. However if this really only becomes a factor at the very high levels then it’s a non-issue for most people. I didn’t really need to keep my gear parity with my level most of the game and I finished at level 55.

Hard to say. I checked my level 61 character’s blacksmith upgrade pricing last night, and the prices didn’t look outrageous. In fact, they seemed to match what I remembered from before. (I could be misremembering.)

That said, people are saying the crazy inflated prices don’t appear until 70 or above.

Yeah that’s my point. It took me 80 hours to get to level 55. If it’s only affecting 70 and up I guess complain but you’ve got more than your monies worth at that point.

When you find new weapons, are they at least at or close to your current level?

So this was my experience pre-latest patch. Up until about level 30 or so I was finding gear from missions or just random loot that was equal to my level or just below and frequent enough that I felt my power level was constantly increasing. Once I started completing the legendary loot requirements I found that I would find better loot every 3-5 levels but I was also upgrading my favorite pieces of legendary gear to keep pace. I was using an Assassin build and found that I generally stuck with the same gear for the last 1/3 of the game or so.

The loot scales using the same algorithm as the level of enemies. So on medium, everything is at most four levels behind you (I believe). On hard, everything is one level behind.

Nightmare you have to be at same level to stand a chance.

The ResetEra thread that kicked off this discussion was apparently started by someone with an agenda, and the thread is now locked after details revealed that the original post is inaccurate.

Ubi changed some stuff around and updated the patch notes further, but a reporter at USGamer took a look and has a more balanced POV on the patch changes.

Who upgrades their weapons? I constantly just swap out what I have for new stuff that I pick up. Murdering someone to get better kit is much easier than collecting all that crap.

Though I do still collect all that rubbish to upgrade the Adrestia. I’d murder someone for a better ship if that were the option. :-P

I think the PS4 version of this is going for 20 bucks right now, but I kind of prefer to get it on PC (despite the fact that it’ll make is sound like a vacuum cleaner most likely) because I much prefer playing with the Xbone controller.

I do, I have a great legendary set I like using, so I enjoy upgrading it. The whole point in getting the full sets is to use them.

You may want to run round looking like a homeless tramp, some of us want to look stylish while killing as many as possible ;)

Technically, you can make any armor look like any other, so if your only concern is looking good, then the game already has you covered.

For me, the concern is that the set bonus I like is too good to give up.

Yup. Also, I don’t mind running around dressed like a hobo. :-P

I saw the season pass on sale when I was at work and I was like “cool I will get it” and now I get home at 8PM and the season pass is full price again what the fuck ubi do you not want my money because I am not paying your insane ridiculous overpriced 40 euros

So has anyone finished the main game? :)

How long did it take?

20-50 hours without maxing.

About 40-ish hours to finish the main quest, kill the cultists, and the mythical beasties. I need to finish the quests they’ve added since launch.

Thanks for the replies, just trying to figure out what to play next after I finish the Division 2. I already have Odyssey started from Project Steam so I figure I’ll just roll into it next.