Assassin's Creed Odyssey - It's time to Greek out

Hmm, community create stories! My wish list would include:

1. Unraveling the mystery of why ancient Greece was besieged with angry carnivores and seriously irritated pigs.
  2. A story line sending you to every statue with giant genitalia.
  3. Solving the mystery of why no one then could actually walk or ride a horse without caroming off of everyone around them.

I’m sure there are more!

Story creator thing now available…

Who has time for that?!?!?!

Too bad ancient Greece has such a paucity of lore to work with. Such a dull, barren place!

They’re saving that for Gods & Monsters now, I assume ;)

I’ve got to say it’s never occurred to me that what the game needs is more quests.

If I keep playing much longer I think I’m going to start saying “malaka” in real life.

It’s the bleeding effect! Ubisoft must be Abstergo or something.

Ha! I lived in the neighborhood of Astoria, Queens for 20 years (large Greek population), I’m surprised I don’t say malaka!

Oh my

Is there a way to change your equipment loadout without going to the inventory management screen? I’ve looked online but can’t find anything on it. Thanks.

You mean the two weapons/bows you have available at any one time? No.

If you only have one available, the second slot opens up with experience.

No, I mean that on the Inventory Screen you can create several loadouts (you have to buy this option) of armor and weapons - say one emphasizing warrior skills, another for assassin, another for hunter, etc. Wondering if there is a quick way to change them in game without going into that screen.

I don’t even remember that option :/

I think you have to go to that screen, thats what I’ve been doing.

Yeah, I wondered about this too. I have t he Spartan set as my main stabby-stabby set, and the Athenian set (bow) on the alt, for shooty-shooty, but I rarely swap because, well, there’s no freakin’ hot key that I know of. Once I get the damn hat for the Demigod set though I will probably just run that by itself.

Yeah, it’s sort of cheaty in that who’s going to change armor in the middle of a battle, but you CAN do it by going to the menu screen, and it is allowed there. So they might as well make it easier on you or else gray out the option on the screen if you are inside an enemy cave/fortress/etc if they don’t want you to do it.

Rush Assassination if so OP. I used to be afraid of Mercenaries with beast companions but now I love them. I chain RA - attack the merc (badly wounds him/her), attack the beast (it dies), attack the merc again (he/she is now dead or about dead), only mopping up left, if necessary. Love this ability, but it is so OP.

It’s a single-player game, no such thing as OP! Well, it is a must-have ability, which you could argue makes some of the choices of abilities less interesting because you have to get this one, but you get so many ability points it’s really moot.

To make Rush Assassination work well late in the game though you do have to spec into it and have the right gear. The engraving that adds an additional target to the RA chain is, how do they say, my jam.

Still loving this game. Still need to mop up the Cult to finish the Demigod set, but am going through the First Blade stuff right now. Damn, this game has some freakin’ dark narrative and story telling. Very well done and dramatic, IMO, but still pretty damn dark.