Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Memorial Day weekend, perfect time to jump into an oversized Ubi open world game, right? So I figured I worked my way up to, but stopped just short of playing Origins. And now, some years later, I figure what the heck, let’s give it a shot.

Most of what I’ve heard is how different the game is from previous ACs, but there’s a fair bit that’s consistent with the earlier games too. Yeah, it’s gone fully open world RPG, with leveled weapons and armor, but so far that hasn’t really shown itself to be a ‘loot chase’, though I guess we’ll see how that looks in about fifty hours. But a lot of the other stuff, the traversal, synchronization, random quests bopping around the map, yeah it feels like Creed. And I mean that in a good way, I’m invested in the series and I’d hate to see it just totally ditched. I see there’s also a somewhat perfunctory present day story that I’ve seen for a total of one cutscene, so I’m not sure where that will go, but I’m interested. Liking the first six hours or so!