Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

For those of you excited for the game, may I strongly recommend reading Wilbur Smith’s River God. It’s a great book. The “modern” follow up is a good read, too. There are some ancient-time sequels that I never read.

Instantly upset. Want another AC, not a half-assed attempt at a Witcher 3 copy.

I think Liberation is the only AC not playable (whether native, remastered, or through BC) on a current console, right? Irritating, as I’d love to play it now. Love the setting, but didn’t get far into it when I first got it.

Does the Vita count as a current console? Otherwise, it’s last-gen + PC.

Nope. That’s the main reason I didn’t get far into it – was on the Vita and found the controls less than fun. Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy it on Steam.

I tend to think Liberation will be added as 360 back compat on the Xbone, since I’m pretty sure all the other 360 games are.

That’d be awesome! Here’s hoping they’ll do it soon, perhaps coinciding with Origins’ release or something like that.

Eh I wouldn’t get too upset just yet. I have little doubt that behind the loot, side quests, and leveled enemies it’s likely the same game it was 10 years ago and you’ll still be doing plenty of finding, following, and fighting.

Can they copy the good writing, characters, and quests from The Witcher 3? Hell, I wouldn’t say a game is using TW3 mold just for having levels, skill trees, loot and crafting. That’s par the course at this point for games at this point.

No. :)

I’m not sure how relevant map size is when it’s a lot of desert.

I’m pretty much the opposite. We’ve had plenty of traditional AC, with only incremental changes outisde of 2 and Black Flag. I want them to mix it up. That said, I don’t exactly trust them to make it a good RPG, especially the first time.

Well this is now officially the first game I’ve ever pre-ordered. And now I’m counting down days. Yummmmm

Ugh, I initially wanted to play through ALL the AC-games before this one, and started off with the first game. Which is just… horrible, after you’ve finished the first mission and realize there will be like 11 more of the exact same kind of mission.
SO - I was gonna skip to the next game, and started stressing with this until I realized…
THIS IS THE FIRST GAME! Right? I mean, if this is the first Assassin to become Creed (lol), I can just as well finish them afterwards.

Don’t know why I haven’t yet though, have had Syndicate sitting in my library for months now, and have played a bit of Freedom Cry.

Yeah I don’t think I could ever go back and play them all again, its just too painful. Ugh… the ease dropping missions, I still shudder in fear thinking of them.

Syndicate has no such missions, and I think they are also not in Origins.

I would not pass on playing Syndicate, it has the brother sister combo along with fantastic setting and side missions that are not filler!

I want to play the Ezio collection as well so I will probably play all of them at one point (except the first), or at least give all of them a try =)

I think what i really liked was the sense that it was a stripped down game, paradoxically enough. Do you want to Assassin for, like, 30 minutes? Great, here you go. Strictly speaking it lacks the content of the “true” games, since initially it was released for the Vita.

i never finished III - in fact i never even got to Connor - because, and i mean this literally, AC games have the most ass-backward control schemes ever. I’d think i’d sit there for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to shoot a gun trying to continue a level. Walking away from AC III and trying later to return to it was so frustrating, as trying to remember the wacked control scheme over and over again i kind of just gave up and drifted away from III and never got back around to it… and pretty much dumped the series after that.

Liberation, otoh, was meant for like a two button control scheme on the Vita or something, and was the only AC game i could jump in and out of without being utterly confused by the controls. The later levels are super-low poly by then-modern standards, but it didn’t bother me.

I was reading Jason Schreier’s recent book, and the fascinating part about the section on Witcher 3 was how the writing got to be so good. Basically they wrote all the quest and story details in pre-production, and then as the game’s production was being done, they scrapped it and wrote it again, and again, and again. They re-wrote everything many times until it was better and better. I don’t think most games can have that kind of narrative pipeline where you’re writing and re-writing content so many times before it makes it into the game.

PC requirements.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 6GB
Resolution: 720p
Video Preset: Lowest

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
Resolution: 1080p
Video Preset: High

Yes! Have thought that was the direction they should’ve gone all along. Here’s hoping they can pull it off!

I only just noticed this, but I actually love 24oz Monsters so I dug through my can collection and garbage from the last week (thankfully I hadn’t cleaned it out yet) and found 9 or so codes to redeem.

Here is what I got (redeemed on PC version/Ubisoft Player):
20 Soft Leather, Hard Leather, and Pelts
20 Cedar Wood, Bronze, and Iron
Face Breaker Weapon
Rain Bow Weapon
Dust Biter Weapon
2,000 Drahme’s (in-game currency - 500 at a time from most codes, seems like)

Kind of fun, actually!