Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

dew

Attack of the Hippos!

That is one angry, angry hippo.

Ubi artists did a fantastic job of recreating locations of Ancient Egypt under Roman rule. Saw these over on nGAF, from the Ubi community manager.

I am really looking forward to this game. I loved Syndicate (it had its faults, but the setting and gameplay pulled me right through it.) My wife loves ancient Egypt as well, so this might be a game that I stream to my TV as well and can play on my couch!

I know this series has its faults, but when firing, it creates a sense of place that I just fall in love with more than most other gaming environments.

I like the is anof discovering the secret origins of the templars and assassins, and maybe finding out that the templars have secretly been snake people all this time.

I think we all like the is anof.

You can never like the is anof.

Hippos kill more people every year in Africa than all the big cat species combined. They’re big, very territorial, and apparently get very aggressive.

Also, that lighthouse of Alexandria is AMAZING. I want to go to there!

Game really seems huge, I can easily see this taking a few weeks of dedicated play to see everything.

Not only that, but they’ll chase you forever because they have long memories.

Black Flag was the only one in the series that held my attention for long. This looks like it will too. Temptation to pre-order mounting.

So what do we know at this point? Will this continue to be an animus-fueled flashback through someone’s bloodline? Will we be finding out more about the present day machinations of Juno and Minerva? What ever happened to Shaun and Rebecca, are they still snooping on Abstergo?

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-season-pass-dlc-free-content-detailed/

Free post-launch support announced:

• Peaceful Explorer Mode
  • Horde/wave-based fights
  • “Nomad’s Bazaar” daily missions
  • Photo mode
  • Trials of the Gods (shown briefly in the Tales from the Tomb video) Fight giant god avatars in hardcore battles.

Also Season Pass content:

• The Hidden Ones (DLC 1) - January, new map region and higher level cap
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs (DLC 2) - March, undead, fantasy monsters, another level cap increase
  • The Roman Centurion and Horus packs - garbage loot
  • 500 Helix Credits and an exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade - garbage in-game money pack

This description reminds me of Titan Quest.

This sounds kind of cool, though I normally don’t DLC with games like this.

I’m still not 100% sold on AC:O but the more I do see about it, the more interested I get. Mario drops the same day, so we’ll see where I’m at mid November when my schedule frees up if I grab this or Wolfenstein II.

Ha! Check out the art for the DLC packs. Straight up mummies in the second one.

whaaaaaaaaat

You should watch the trailer in the link.

I guess that’s cool. Is this maybe supposed to be fantasy, non-canon stuff like The Tyranny of George Washington from AC3? Or just kind of a side chapter from the assassin’s history? “Well you know mostly we fight the Templars. But also occasionally mummies and giant scorpions and dog-headed dudes.”

Ancient Egypt was crazy times.