Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

I see a “horde mode” in there in the bottom right. I always associated that with a coop experience vs waves of enemies. I’m guessing they don’t mean it that way. They probably mean a single player mode vs waves of enemies.

Yeah I think one of the videos showed the Horde mode was taking place in a gladiator style arena.

Decent summary video of the 10 year series.

Pretty cool. This student of archaeology decided to try and decode the hieroglyphs that Ubisoft used in their marketing.

It worked. Read the thread here:

Oh hell, I can tell you what it says, “BUY THE SEASON PASS WAVY SIGN SWORD DOGHEAD DUDE”.

Anubis will greet you in the underworld.

IMG_0580

Good doggy!

Ok. That’s frickin awesome. I have my bones with Ubisoft, and how they’ve handled the AC series, but there is also clearly people there who love their history. And I respect that.

It’s why, though I’m normally not big in for open world games, I’ve played a majority of the AC games.

Hmm, I’m a little worried about the change in the combat system. If it’s going in a Souls-like direction, I fear it’ll become inaccessible to most (well, to me, anyway–Dark Souls is way too mysterious a nut for me to crack).

There are difficulty levels now, and I think the game pretty much will warn you if you get somewhere that is way above your level.

Composer article.

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-creating-soundtrack-ancient-egypt/

The physical world of Origins is so much bigger, and the sound is moodier and more mysterious than the previous scores, but it still has its fair share of action. That mysterious and understated vibe is something I appreciated about Jesper Kyd’s work on the early games, and I wanted to go back to that approach. That, to me, is the essence of Assassin’s Creed and was most fitting for Bayek’s personality and maturity. However, I do typically perform all my own instruments and vocals, so people will of course draw comparisons to my work on Black Flag and Unity simply because it’s the same person playing.

Holy crap.

It seems to me it has more typical action mechanics, like lots of Japanese or Japanese-inspired third person action games, but one thing are the mechanics and another the difficulty.

I’d expected someone burlier for some of those shanties.

Pretty hyped for this, to the point where I’m almost considering buying a 1080 (which I’ve been toying with anyway) if it comes with a free code for the game.*
*which I’m old enough to realize is completely ass-backwards.

You’d rather buy a game with a free code for a video card?

Well, I’ve got a 970 currently, which I don’t know will be adequate.
Looks like the temptation is past, though, since they’re back to offering a code for Destiny 2. :-)

Incidentally, just now got an email from Ubisoft pointing out my legacy in the AC series, all the adventures we’ve been through together, even stats from the last couple games - 58 hours played in Unity, 3,504 kills and 46 hours played in Syndicate, 2,373 kills. Only bummer thing is it notes my first game played is AC2 - but no man, I’ve been there from the beginning! How could they not know? It’s like a knife in the heart!

Am greatly disappointed that I don’t have a similar Ubi-mail.

Me neither. And I played through AC3, Brotherhood and most of Black Flag, as well as a decent chunk of Syndicate, on the PC via Uplay. Played ACs 1 and 2 on the 360 before all that. Where’s the love, Ubisoft?