Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

More than hard or easy, the problem was that it didn’t feel right. It was… it was very animation driven, with long animations for some movements that offered little responsive control.

nice job on the thread subject dude :-P

Anyway, Kotaku has confirmed it too: http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

Jason Schreier’s sources at Ubi seem pretty legit. He got the scoop on Black Flag, Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate.

I guess this rumor is looking pretty solid.

Downer, all I was really looking forward to this year were XCOM2, Rise of the Tomb Raider and my next AC game.

It better be damn good.

Additionally, this image is from Assassin’s Creed Black Flag as part of the in-game Abstergo studios demo roll:

The person in the foreground is the same as the person here in a shot from the now-cancelled Prince of Persia Assassins.

Part of this rumor is that many of the assets made for this has been repurposed for “Empires” the AC being discussed.

(to clarify, your threat title says 2016 when it should say 2017!)

It’ll stay like this for years won’t it.

4-EVA

I’m forever haunted by thread titles like “FireFall MMOs off in the distance…”

The good news is that if the rumors are true, FireFall will be off in the distance soon.

See? It’s like poetry!

All good demons go to sequel.

Norabunga’s Ambition FTW!

-Tom

I want to fight the Demigod Schulde in this game.

I bet Lara Croft is an assassin.

I have to say, this…

“The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It s made by the Black Flag team.”

…Sounds awesome to me. I have plenty on my gaming plate, I’d rather have this be another amazing game I can look forward to in 2017. Plus then I’ll have all the time to finally beat Syndicate!

They’ll stick it in the Watch Dogs engine, just wait.

Ubisoft confirmed there will be no main AC game for this year. That part of the rumor is at least officially true.

http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

This year, we also are stepping back and re-examining the Assassin’s Creed franchise. As a result, we’ve decided that there will not be a new Assassin’s Creed game in 2016. Since the release of Assassin’s Creed Unity, we’ve learned a lot based on your feedback. We’ve also updated our development processes and recommitted to making Assassin’s Creed a premier open-world franchise. We’re taking this year to evolve the game mechanics and to make sure we’re delivering on the promise of Assassin’s Creed offering unique and memorable gameplay experiences that make history everyone’s playground.

Well that is good, as I have yet to play Rogue nor Syndicate. I’d be ok with a 2018 release for their next game.

Yeah, I hope to catch up by playing AC3, AC3: Liberation, AC4, AC: Rogue, AC: Unity and AC: Syndicate. Wow, 6 games? Maybe I’ll skip Liberation.

Joining the chorus: now that there’s a break I may finally get around to buying Syndicate. With yearly releases it was way to easy to say, “I’ll just wait until the next one.”

Same! I’ve got like 5 AC games with 30-50% completion. I finished through Brotherhood, but I think I’ll go back to that, play it through, the Revelations, III, Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate in order over the next 18 months.