Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

I don’t know about Australia, but it looks like this will be on sale everywhere (Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc) here in the U.S. on Black Friday sales for $35. It’s not the $20 that Rob is waiting for, but it’s still an impressive discount for a game that just came out.

You think that’ll include the PC Uplay code version? Because that’s a discount worth waiting for if I don’t have to leave my house on the day after Thanksgiving.

I strongly doubt you will see a Uplay/Steam discount for even 25% off so close to release.

Also , regarding tombs/pyramids/caves… Does anyone else feel the need to light all the burned out torches/braziers? Only then can you take a proper sceenshot. :D

So only console versions, then. Bleh.

We don’t know for sure. He’s speculating. He might be right. But we’ve seen the sale extend to PC editions in the past. Those boxes that you bring home, and they had a steam or uplay code inside. I think that could still be the case this year as well.

I do not believe AC Origins on PC had any physical copies.

Yup - I do light all braziers. Also, who knows, it might lead to treasure doing so! They were crafty, those old Egyptians!

Looking at Amazon, it looks like you’re right. No boxed copies at all for this game. That’s a shame.

Well sure you do, Zelda taught you that lesson!

So do I! Still waiting for some hidden trophy to pop up…

Correction: It turns out Walmart will have it for $29 on Black Friday. Cheaper than the others.

Two things they really need to add to this game.

1. For PC, the ability to quit directly to desktop. Main screen takes way too long to get to .
  2. The ability to sell, disassemble, trash, drop, or otherwise get ride of the Helix weapons.

Alt-F4 works.

Outfits and animal mounts should have bonuses, its so weird they don’t.

I mean my 200 coin camel is as good as the 2000 coin camel. :(

Can someone give me an idea of how big a download this game is for the Windows version?

42 gig installed. I forget the download size.

Jeeebus. That is crazypants.

I feel like that’s about average for games like this now. I was listening to Giantbomb talk about this just a few days ago, but the average download size for games has become more like 40-60GB and even more in the last few years. It’s crazy.

Heh, no kidding. I’m old enough to remember when it was semi-scandalous that Myth II’s installation size was around 500 MB, on the Mac, at least–of course that was a full 19 years ago.

I went ahead and ordered it BTW, and it’s downloading. Luckily I pay for fairly fast speeds from Comcast so it won’t take long at all. Gotta have something pretty to test out that new (to me) video card that’s wending its way to me. :-)