Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Nice to have EXIT to DESKTOP as an option with the 1.10 patch. :)

Oh hallelujah.

Indeed.

Discovery Tour coming on Feb 20th. Free for game owners, but it will also be available separately as a $20 PC application.

Hidden Ones! Takes place 4 years after the main story.

So with the DLC now out, I got my ass in gear and finished the main story, also dinged level 40.

I really feel Aya was poorly handled and she should have had some kind of free play, to allow us to get use to her combat style.

That discovery tour looks dreamy. Too bad I pretty much had wikipedia open while I explored, but I’d love to hear their take.

That DLC makes me kind of want to play this again. Maybe it’s time.

You have to finish the main story. To see how disappointing it is. ;)

Looking forward to it! =D

This is just a ridiculously good looking game. It makes me think a 1080 something would actually be worth it.

I do wish the lighter HUD options didn’t remove info I find critical though, or that HUD elements were less intrusive visually in design.

BTW all, supposedly the DRM on this game has finally been cracked, per Jim Sterling. Wonder if applying said crack would resolve the whole “my CPU is pegged at 40% whenever the game is running” problem.

Ubisoft of course has claimed that that is not due to the DRM. We’ll see.

Doubtful. From what I understand the cracks bypass the DRM, they don’t actually stop it from running. Any cycles gained would be negligible.

Yves Guillemot told investors on the latest con call that the company has “a few other DLCs” on the slate after the season pass stuff.

“You will be amazed by what will come on Origins, so that’s the only thing we can say for now.”

They have already released a few cosmetic DLCs outside of the season pass, that have irritated their fan base. I am sure this news will go over well.

Yves implied he was talking about something more substantial than just more of the cosmetic DLC packs. In fact, he seemed to discount suggestions that they’d have a new AC title for this year, instead opting to release a new expansion.

I think the Assassin part of this series has to be let go now, in the same way they dropped the social stealth and the counter-based combat.and made the parkour automatic. Even if they did a by-the-numbers RPG, I’d love to see this engine and these artists give that a go. Even better if they put some imagination into it.

Oh, I should add that a Ubi rep clarified that as far as he knew, Yves was referring to the Discovery Tour and The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC when he said “a few other” content packs. According to the rep, there are no large DLC plans beyond that.

Shame. I know plenty of fans that would like more of Origins.

Here’s some more details on the Discovery Mode stuff:

Interesting that they folded game dev behind the scenes bits into it.