Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

That’s not much of a negative!

Mine would be the lack of choice. Bayek does whatever he’s going to do throughout all the main and secondary questlines. As they evolve AC I think the next step should be letting me control outcomes more.

Ancient Greece rumoured for the next one…

Hmmm, my issue is that it will be lacking a “wow factor” that Egypt / Rome / France / London provided in their respective games. I feel I’ve seen enough temples already in Origins, so what else do they have to offer in this Greek setting?

Yeah, it’s just a rumour. I’d like them to take another couple of years and make the same size of forward step.

So did you get around to finishing it?

Rob, my personal opinion is pick it up. It’s the best and most immersive game set in Ancient Egypt. You get to see all the Pyramids, how the Nile was farmed back in the day, Greek and Roman architecture up close, it’s amazing.

I also like the game they built around the environment but that’s secondary.

Interesting. I’ve seen feudal Japan rumored.

Setting I’d love to see for the building-o-climb: 1920s NYC.

Cool, we could do leaps of faith right alongside suicidal investors during the Depression.

Feudal Japan could be great, if they try to make a samurai-centered thing at or around the Sengoku era. Though I suppose the Meiji Restoration could work if they put the romanticized, freedom-defending Samurai Assassins against the Templar-powered Westernization.

If it’s just about samurai, I’d be all over that. But no ninjas please, I’m about ninja’d out.

Nazi Zombie ninjas, though?

Well, Ubisoft’s attention to actual history makes it more likely that they’ll focus on samurai, but with ninjas being more closely related to actual “assassins” (and Ubisoft being also tuned to what is particularly compelling to its audience), who knows what they’d do.

Noo… not yet :( But I shall overcome.

Actually installed it back the other day, but then uninstalled it the same night cause I need the space for Far Cry 5 now. I’m blaming PS4 hard drives.

I just had to buy my kid a 2 TB external…he kept complaining about no space. I told him to just concentrate on a few games at a time…nope…nagged me enough to hit Best Buy.

Picked the gold addition up for $59. So far its a great time.

You made the right call. :)

-Tom

I’ve only spent a little time so far (I’m level 3 and completed a couple quests) and this is pretty good so far. It definitely looks great. The combat feels better than prior AC games. I decided to start off on hard difficulty and see how it goes. I died once when I got involved in combat with too many enemies at once - lesson learned.

Anyone have any HUD / map settings that they found work the best? I tend not to like to chase icons, but if the game is designed to chase icons it is generally too much of a pain to avoid them.

Yeah, normally I’d go for early extra XP perks in games, but I thought I remembered people saying they leveled up in Origins at a faster pace than necessary so I didn’t.

This is the first AC that missile weapons made any sense for me. The predator bow and the light bow for emergencies were my goto pair.

I’m hoping this is a stepping stone on their way to abandoning the Assassin setting and offering more conventional character archetypes, in one series or another.