Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

Wow! That’s great…for PC players.

I do hope they remove the obnoxious CPU-hogging DRM eventually. Fat chance, I know, but a guy can dream.

Just finished up the last of the DLC, so now I’m completely done with the game (for now). And I really don’t understand the complaints. I mean, sure, everyone has their own tastes. I get that. But I don’t see how anyone can see this world as ‘empty’ or ‘hollow’ or whatever else. The main characters were well done. The story made a fair amount of sense, and had some genuinely good moments. I think it’s fair to say the gameplay can get a bit repetitive - and that holds true even in the DLC - but I still thought it was well done, and one of my three favorite AC games up with Black Flag and Brotherhood. I’m just disappointed with not learning more about what’s going on in the current timeline - what happened with Sean and Rebecca?

I love this game graphics.

I saw a post on Reddit today, someone mentioned the quality of the Curse of the Pharohs DLC being as good as/better than The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, that has me very excited to get back into AC Origins.

I can’t imagine a world where that could be true.

It’s not. Curse of the Pharaohs is good for how it goes all-in on the fantasy aspect, but to say it even comes close to equaling Blood and Wine is pure crazy talk.

You guys are making me want to try Blood and Wine.

But no, it’s too soon to return to Witcher 3.

Finishing The Hidden Ones, 99 hours in, I just learned how to have Senu spot treasure :)

Whaaa? No way.

I sometimes think I’m not smart enough for videogames :)

Ancient Greece re-emerging as a rumoured next setting…

Oh man, I’m not even interested in playing Origins yet. I’ve played every game up to that point. I’m getting left behind aren’t I?

Welcome to the Assassin’s Creed Left Behind club. We have turkish coffee and some biscuits. Help yourself please.

My god, I made it so far! I really thought I could hang but they outlasted me. Good game, Ubisoft, I concede.

I really love the concept of the games but the modern day crap ruined it for me. I’m planning on venturing back into the fray with Origins soon though. Will probably wait for a GotY edition w/ all DLC though.

You’re pretty safe after AC: Black Flag. All the modern day stuff was greatly minimized after that game.

It’s still there, it’s just immeasurably less interesting. You’ll spend sections of the game wandering around the game development arm of Abstergo.

Origins’ short modern sections are a little more relevant and I think maybe optional.

Black Flag had that. I said after Black Flag.