Assassin's Creed: Origins - 2017, Ancient Egypt, hawk spotter drone

I kinda wish it was possible to turn off gifs somehow because its really cluttering up threads all over these days.
Edit: sorry Divedivedive - that wasn’t really directed at you - you are just the latest poster of such in pretty every thread I visited today here.

I take no offense. I lean a little heavy on the gifs sometimes.

I like 'em, and I think you’re a pretty great guy X3Dive.

Oops I did it again.

And that right there is why Im happy we didn’t get likes as well.

Can we contain that specific bit of grumpy to that one thread? I don’t get annoyed easy, but that thread did it for me. Repeatedly.

Instead lets collectively grump over how Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft all over this game. Because the Ezio trilogy was great fun, with fantastic settings to climb, Black Flag and Rogue were arguably the best games the series ever made, and everything since makes me think I’m done with new AC games.

oh - but frequent use of non-relevant gifs is fine? Can we contain the use of Gifs to one thread as well then? Sure - I’ll shut up now, but man…!

All right all right, no need to get worked up over something like a little gif here and there. I do it because it amuses me and may amuse someone else, not to add extra strife none of us needs in our lives. I can’t guarantee I’ll stop throwing out completely unnecessary gifs as the mood strikes, but I can stop putting them in this thread if that will help.

Was Syndicate (the one based in the UK) not good? I still haven’t installed the gold edition I got months ago.

side note : gifs and meme’s are the only things that help me survive the day.

Who doesn’t like animated gifs? I’m confused - who are they hurting?

People with allergies to fun.

I kid Razgon, I kid.

Dunno, I have absolutely zero interest in that style of game. In fact I have a deep seated loathing of most AAA games, particularly shooters.

From the few videos I saw of Syndicate before I bought it, they had pretty much perfected the traversal system ,both vertically and horizontally. I really need more time to play games. Grrrrr…

So I am wondering how the step back from that will affect the new Origins game. (In before someone mentions Ancient Egyptians had zipline launchers). :p

I loved Syndicate, easy to move around, looked and sounded amazing, I liked the twins and the story, even. But I’m an AC fan and probably unwanted in this thread :)

You guys are talking about the new Syndicate right? Not the old isometric one? I get confused. And speak up, sonny jim.

You are wanted here. I am also a fan and liked every AC game except Assasins Creed Unity, which I never finished. I still like I mentioned, have Syndicate to play.

This one 3xDive…

I liked Syndicate more than Black Flag, so there’s that.

Edit: Ironically, Unity is the only one I’ve never finished. I have it installed and looking at me right now.

I thought we were all AC fans. Probably all burned out to some degree, but at least interested in what is coming.

Edit: oh shit, there was an AC called Syndicate! I even played it! Man I am getting old.

I’m worried about you, sir.

I just realized that we were talking about AC: Syndicate, not Syndicate shooter remake Syndicate.

I didn’t play it, but high fives for us both looking the fool ;)

It’s going to be interesting to see the reaction to this game from people that hated Unity. Besides map clutter and technical issues, one of the big complaints about Unity was the freeform hitbox combat that was unlike previous AC games. Ubisoft went back to the older style with Syndicate, but from what I can tell, Origins is back to the Unity style, even doubling down and expanding the system with boss fights!