Assassin's Creed Revelation

From Avault:
"Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’’s Creed Revelations, the fourth and final installment in the series, is in development and scheduled for a November release. In Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of his legendary mentor, Altaïr, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the region.

In addition to Ezio’’s story, the online multiplayer experience returns, refined and expanded, with more modes, more maps and more characters that allow players to test their assassination skills against others from around the world. Players will also be able to manipulate the construct of Desmond’’s memories and the Animus to decipher the mysteries of his past and gain insight into the future."

Playing as Altair in Turkey?
Hmm… I am not sure about this! It’s like a rehash again! But yet, I have not seen a game on Ottoman Empire. It could be refreshing.

Sounds more like you’re playing as Ezio in Turkey.

My history is rusty - Ottoman Empire is during the Renaissance era as well? If not, Ezio must be pretty old by then.

Edit: Wikipedia tells me Ottoman Empire is around 16th-17th century, so it is the same time AC2 and ACB is happening. Ezio it is!

– 1529-30, the Turks almost conquered Europe, or at least Germany.

Whaaat, more Ezio? He’s great, but I was really hoping for and expecting a new character for the real sequel. Ezio’s story felt really, really done at the end of ACB. And he’s a little old for stabbing.

Wait, ‘fourth and final’? I doubt that very much.

All games are in trilogy. AC1 is a technology showcase, so it is not counted.
AC2,ACB,ACR is the real trilogy.
It’s obligation for them to do the last one with Ezio!

No, it’s a trilogy, but ACB is a side story. You can tell because it has the same character as AC2. It’s like Final Fantasy X2, but good.

The phrase ‘Ezio triology’ was used, so after this it’ll be AC III, with a new hero, who will no doubt have annual instalments.

That sounds like the most likely scenario at this point. I wonder how they’re going to extend the “real-world” story past 2012. I’m sure they don’t want to release games in 2013 and beyond where even the sci-fi/“near future” sections are set in the past.

On the one hand, I’m tired of Ezio and am sure that character’s completely played out by now. On the other hand, I was sure of the same thing when AC: Brotherhood was announced, so I remain open to being pleasantly surprised, because despite some gamey and stringy bits, the crow was still tasty.

I am fine with continued face-stabbing with Ezio, but I don’t know what they’re going to give him now as an upgrade. But I’ll be playing it!

I thought the image they showed was his upgrade, the little climbing hooks.

The Templars have stolen his heart, and Leonardo da Vinci has built him a steam-powered one, but if Ezio stays on the ground for more than sixty seconds, his steampunk heart will stop, so he has to keep bounding from rooftop to rooftop, chasing down the Turkish thugs that stole his ticker.

I think they’re going to have to put knives on his feet, like Rosa Klebb.

The main character is secondary to me in these games, all I care about is the city. Constantinople (not Istanbul)? Sure, sign me up.

Why did Constantinople get the works?

It’s nobody’s business but the T@($)!&$(@!-///… [SYNCHRONIZATION LOST]

That’s nobody’s business, but the turks. Stay out of it.

Edit. Beaten to the low hanging fruit!

Still love Ezio, and supposedly you have all the other elements of the last two games in this one, plus Altair. I’m in, 100% in.