Assassin's Creed Rogue - Last gen, AC, more pirates

That was Freedom Cry, not Rogue. ;)

My bad! Yeah I was confusing the two. I guess I played a lot of Ubisoft pirate games!

You were right about everything but the fully upgraded ship - you do get to upgrade the Morrigan.

Hang on now, my memory is going - was the ship really called the Morrigan? Wasn’t that the name of the witchy woman in Dragon Age?

Yes to both.

Weird.

It’s from Irish folklore:

I picked up Rogue for PC a few months ago when Origins was the new hotness and I wanted to play some AC but I didn’t want to spend $60 on a game, and I also felt like I should catch up on the story bits from the AC games I hadn’t played.

One thing that strikes me about Rogue is that it’s HUGE. Probably twice the size of AC4. There are two ocean zones, for example. And two cities! So many forts to conquer, villages to raid, and collectibles, it’s dizzying.

I’m probably 20 hours into the game, and due to the way Rogue (and AC 3/4 at least) unlocks activities through story-driven tutorials… I still haven’t unlocked all the activities.

It’s massive.

But if you just hammer the story missions it is probably the shortest game in the series.

This is great news. I bought the game on PC and planned to play it via Steam Link, as I’d rather play it like a console game. Now I’ll likely pick it up for PS4. Wonder if there will be any special features for the PS4 Pro.

Any word if they are moving the better textures to the PC version as well? Or are they just taking what they currently have for PC and moving it to PS4/XBone?

Polygon article specifically mentioned that this was not clear yet. They’ve asked Ubisoft for clarification, but they haven’t gotten back yet.

Not crazy at all. Was just hoping for this, since we got the Ezio collection last year. I’d love updated versions of both Rogue and III please.

Here you go. Just out I think…

We all knew it, but I didn’t think it would take this long. 3 years 7 months.

I saw it - so great!

I always get this and the expansion for IV confused. Is this the one with the rather over the top first mate voice actor? Otherwise a great game.

I’m not seeing this in the Uplay store so I guess this is a console-only edition. Another XBOX360/PS3 upgrade to XBONE/PS4 edition, I guess.

Did we ever get an answer on this?

Believe it’s console only.