Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

Is the season pass worth it for Syndicate? Ubistore has it at 40% off right now.

Maybe? I dunno, the missions integrated into the game so well I couldn’t really tell what was DLC so far. I checked and its showing 50% off for me on the Ubistore.

I did have to buy The Dreadful Crimes dlc separate as they are not part of the season pass. They are fun.

Haven’t tried any of the Jack the Ripper DLC, that is a separate option on the main menu, so its not integrated into the main story.

I liked the Jack the Ripper DLC. It adds nothing to the actual Ripper mythology, as you probably would expect given the series’ relationship with history, but it’s interesting to play an assassin with no conscience who is also, you know, insane.

Hmm… Perhaps I need to give Syndicate a go as well? Your experience does seem to mirror mine…

Also bounced off Unity and really love Syndicate. I highly recommend!

vR8qCsg

Just a word of warning: IMO the tutorial missions in Syndicate are terrible. It opens up when you get into London, after an hour or so.

You get to free lots of child workers shortly after the horrible tutorial =)

@Clay how is it going? :)

I know @kristina is enjoying watching people fall into the river.

@Knightsaber I set aside 5 hours this weekend to finish this, I have 3 missions of sequence 8 left and then the future rift and jack the ripper dlc. I hope I can get it all in. Egypt is awaiting me, so I gotta finish this weekend or never. :p

5 hours isn’t nearly enough, sir :) The rift is about 3, Jack the Ripper is about 5 alone. Good luck though :)

Still trying to figurenout how he hell to share a clip/GIF/video and send it over to my phone, but in the mean time:

Edit: that didn’t work very well, did it.

Worked pretty well for me. I giggled. ;)

That sequence reminded me of Assassin’s Creed 1, except in that one, if you fall in the water, it’s instant de-synchronization, since Altair never fell in the water in his genetic memories. (I love that explanation). But presumably, if you’d fallen in the water there, you’d be fine, right?

Yeah, you can swim in Syndicate. In the sewer that is the Thames.

They should have done like AC Rogue where you could swim in the ocean but it was cold as hell! and you would freeze to death. Eventually. But in the Thames you’d just start making urpy puke sounds until you turn green and sink to the bottom.

You can swim, yes, and pretty fast as well. You can also take leaps of faith from bridges and masts into the water, which looks kinda cool. Plus you’re much less detected in water, so the Thames part of town with mini quests like sabotaging and stealing cargos on boats is a fun addition :)

Haha yeah I always think about that when I have them swimming around for too long. I haven’t seen a shower on the train hideout either, so I imagine they must smell like shit by now. Literally.

This game also has the best zip line assassinations, as you can pretty much set them up anywhere. :D

The detail of the river area is very good, along the sides are quay walls with water vents, pouring in filthy water and sewage.

They really should have just called this game Assassin’s Creed: Batman.

Batman doesn’t kill. :p

Neither does Evie in the Jack the Ripper DLC! She just flings fear dust and beats people up.