Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

Jack the Ripper DLC takes place after the main game story from what I recall reading, its why I skipped it for now, I’ll revisit after I finish Origins.

Waaay after. (Jack the Ripper, I mean)

Ok, thanks! :)

Having some real trouble completing taking over the boroughs, I only have one Bounty Hunt in Westminster left, but the game crashes EVERY time I try to deliver. Fourth time I’ve tried now (with rebooting and closing and opening) - kind of makes me want to throw this all to hell :(

aww that sucks, K :(

I finished all of London, started doing that at lvl4 and am now at 9. The stuff left (story stuff, side quests) is ridiculously easy with my overpowered master asassin dude and dudette :D

Yeah I’m also only doing the story stuff now, and the various ally missions, with both at level 10, all skills unlocked and all gang perks upgraded :D so much fun. So far, I like Dickens sides the best, and probably Marx the least.

Also have a bugged Clara O’Dea, she has a quest, but every time I walk up to her, her marker disappears and I don’t get the option to talk to her. Hm.
That last bounty hunt should work at some point. Maybe try it once every other day or something.

Glad to see some of you getting near the end. Report back what you think of the final fight. I enjoyed it more than the other games in the series.

I recently finished the main story and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the last mission. There was a clever back and forth element to the last fight that I would have liked to have seen adopted in other missions. I managed to get through it without reloading it at any point so I was never frustrated. It definitely helped leave me with a positive impression of the game.

This doesn’t always happen for me. Sometimes an otherwise great gaming experience gets marred by an end game sequence.

p183l2450p4ef16bf19ke5lti75u

With me completing all the story stuff currently available for The Division 2… Time to go back in time and hidden blade a few baddies.

Time to revisit this and play the remaining content I have to finish, the mysterious Thames River portal, and the Jack The Ripper DLC then I can cross this off my backlog.

Picked this up on sale as I’ve enjoyed Odyssey and Origins (and still am playing around with them, after the main story). I like the London setting, but man, this game is buggy as hell. In addition to sharing the same issue of not being able to save and do anything else at the same time that Origins has for me (the save game animated symbol shows up, sound ceases, and the game freezes or stutters severely until the disk operation is finished, and this is on a SSD), it also has a disturbing tendency to crash at the end of missions or in the end of mission cutscenes. I had to replay one kill a dude on a train mission four times before I got through it. Ugh.

Are you sure your SSD isn’t going bad? This doesn’t sound normal.

Yeah that does not sound normal, use a free tool and check the drive. All my ssds are Crucial so I use their tool.

Doesn’t happen in any other application, and the SSD (a Samsung EVO 850) is fairly new. It’s an audio-related bug I’m pretty sure, as the one commonality is the sound cutting out. Doesn’t happen in Odyssey, either, just Origins and Syndicate. There were a ton of bugs in both games on launch, and more than a few centered on audio issues.

I’ve played through Syndicate 6? times and have never seen such a thing, something is up somewhere.

My drive checks out fine. I did update my video drivers, so we’ll see what’s up there. I use a USB headset, so I’ll check it’s settings, as I hear there can be issues with a mismatch between surround and non-surround sound settings.

Of course, it could well be that my six year old CPU/mobo combo is the culprit, but again, no issues elsewhere.

I gather that you also maybe checked for an updated sound hardware driver (since you mentioned that possibility)?

The Corsair headset drivers seem up to date too. I tried the solutions I found online, namely, disabling the overlay and cloud saving, but it didn’t help much. It still loses sound for a second or two when the save icon comes up, usually, and it crashes at the save icon within ten to twenty minutes of starting the game. It’s a hard lock. I switched to borderless windowed mode so I can actually Task Manger-end the game when it does that, and sometimes switching to that mode helps, but not here.

I am wondering if I set the display for the game (in game options) back to 60hz rather than 144hz if that would help. While I had some minor stuttering issues when the save icon came up in Origins, I had no issues in Odyssey, and no issues in other non-AC games. In Syndicate, too, the save game icon seems to come up a lot, more than in the other games.

Baffling. I am really digging the game, too, which sucks even more. Reinstalling the whole shebang now, after a verify files scan didn’t help.

What I actually meant with sound hardware driver was the one for your motherboard (or sound card, if you’re truly old-school). Have you checked that?

It also could be down to a RAM issue. Those can be a pain to diagnose, and memtest86+ isn’t always infallible at catching them. Prime95 is what worked for me back when I had totally random BSODs in a previous machine (not what you’re seeing, I realize).

The USB headset acts as its own soundcard, I thought. Does the mobo sound stuff even matter?

Oh, perhaps you’re right on that score-- I don’t know. As an experiment, is playing through speakers an option, to see if the problem occurs sans headset?

EDIT: After further (albeit very cursory) research it appears you’re right about the usb headset bypassing the normal system audio, in which case it would isolate the headset as the problem if playing through speakers using motherboard audio made the problem go away.

BTW, you mentioned that you were running the game at a very high refresh rate-- I’m surprised that the game supports that. Maybe try 120 or even 90 fps?

If all else fails, see if you’ve got a RAM problem. It may be one that’s only triggered by very particular things the game does (usually having to do with whatever DRM scheme it uses).