Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

Hooray, glad you got it figured out, and good to know. I myself had a strange issue with the graphics settings of a different Ubi game, namely Watch Dogs 2, with my G-Sync monitor. Not crashing, per se, but crappy frame rates + screen tearing, precisely what G-Sync is supposed to solve. Turns out the game has both fps limit AND monitor refresh rate settings in its advanced graphics options. You’ve got to get both right or you’re not going to have a good time.

Why is my base on a train? This is very inconvenient. Why are there missions initiated from on the train that the train doesn’t actually take you even close to?

I asked myself that question as well. I also had issues parsing the map icons properly, but that’s probably on me.

I liked the train HQ, you can upgrade it!

Yeah, the decision to make your home base a train is one of many weird/bland/curious decisions in the game that ultimately added up to a somewhat unsatisfying experience for me, in a setting I should love more than any other AC milieu.

I’m still in whatever sequence it is that first turns you loose, maybe 3 or 4, trying to liberate Lambeth.

I realize I’m still facing pretty weak opposition, but it’s hilarious how quickly Evie became an unstoppable silent murder machine with some trivial grinding in the fight clubs to grab all her throwing knife skills.

Everything’s an auto-aimed, single shot, silent insta-kill and I can carry up to 20 knives already. It’s a minor thing but it’s very satisfying.

The zip line is a nice perk, the carriages are comical to drive, and otherwise I’m basically playing AC Unity 1.1. But for some reason I was motivated to get this one off my backlog, so “pleasantly unremarkable” is fine for now.

Evie the Death Machine was why I was having so much fun in this one. Reminds me I need to go back to it. Those zip line kills are so gratifying. It’s the only AC I’ve played where I actually really enjoyed the “combat”.

The zip line was a great addition, which is why I am sad the franchise didn’t keep going forward in time. :(

I liked this one ok, except for the odd crashing problem that kept me from actually playing it reliably.

100% sync!

I didn’t realize the WWI memory opened up earlier in the game—sequence 6, I think? So I didn’t play it until I’d completed the rest of the game, at which point it just felt like busy work. It was also tedious with no maps for the chests, and one of the most difficult Helix glitches in the game. But at some point all AC games start to feel like that when you’re working on side missions. Still overall a good game.

On to Origins! Being only two games behind in the series is the most current I’ve been in a long time.

The changes from Syndicate to Origins is drastic. And not always for the better.

Yeah but that’s part of the fun of it for me. Unity was a drastic step from Black Flag too, and often for the worse.

This is free on Epic this week… Interesting game, caught between the reinvention of Unity and the… other reinvention of Origins.

Still my favorite AC.

Yep , Brother and Sister characters that were fantastic to play as.

I play Evie as much as possible, though.

It was also nice to be able to finish the entire game and the dlc in under 60 hours.

I haven’t finished it yet, but it’s my favorite of the AC games I’ve played.

Still need to play Black Flag, Origins and Odyssey. They really should have spaced their releases out a lot more. I may never get to play every game in the franchise.

Didn’t finish Unity or AC III (I got the recent remaster to give it another go but may never find the time).

And I love Evie!

Origins and Odyssey are not real AC games. Don’t @ me. The franchise died after Syndicate.