Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

I don’t like arguing about games, it seems like a silly thing :)

I like arguing about everything. Maybe I should have been a lawyer.

Well on the other hand I’d be happy to repeat ‘I highly dislike the direction they’re taking AC: Origins’ until I’m blue in the face. I don’t expect anyone to care though. Hitboxes, shields, spears, pfffht.

I’d argue that statement, except that at this point mainly I just feel apathetic about the whole AC franchise. Looking at this, it doesn’t look exactly like a “treading water” entry of the series, but it doesn’t look like what it’s adding is very interesting to me. Looks kind of MMO-y to me, actually, with the loot grinds and levels and such. I do like the tourist option where you can drop the combat and sightsee. But I don’t see this as a day one purchase for me.

Those games are a terrible advertisement for the series in general. Completely different play style, and not nearly the same quality level they hit in 2 and have generally sustained.

It’s lamer than you might think.

2 city zone left to take over, loving my gang now that its maxed at level 9 and has all the special characters unlocked. They cause one hell of a commotion if I tell them to fight.

Almost wrapped up the sequence 5 missions.

Did anyone else play the dreadful crime cases? They are simple but fun. Give me a batman detective feel. :D

No, because they’re a PS4 exclusive. Fuck you very much, Ubi.

Ummm they were $2 on the uplay store, for PC.

I stand corrected. However to this day it remains unreleased on the Xbone, which is the platform I play AC games on.

Ahh that sucks to hear. They are actually decent and each is a solid 10-15 minutes of deduction!

I imagine they were a lot like the little mysteries you could solve in Unity, and if so I agree they were pretty cool.

I really enjoy the detective missions, but yeah it sucks they made them exclusive/DLC in Syndicate whereas those missions were included in Unity standard edition.

I didn’t get too far into Unity , just hated the main character , combat, and the setting. :p

Here is a random persons youtube video of the last dreadful crime I finished:

I’m curious, how does the combat differ?

Yeah, the combat in Unity is very similar to Syndicate, at least in my playing.

I really like Unity, warts and all. I adore the way the game weaves Arno’s story through the complexities and shifting sides of the French Revolution.

Disagree, the combat was much more interesting in Unity. You can easily survive getting surrounded, ganged up on in Syndicate, much like you could in earlier games. In Unity, you’ll get an instant kill sword attack if you let someone get behind you.

Yes, and I recall disliking that a lot, plus it just didn’t feel good. Hard to explain I guess.

Anyways, Syndicate sure does step up its game in sequence 5 to 6. I have taken over all boroughs except Westminster and maxed out the gang skill tree. Crazy good income at this point, every 2-3 hours like 15k is waiting for me in the train safe. Also I like how the game upgrades the look of the train as you progress the story. :)

At this point in the game I feel like a badass gang leading assassin and its awesome. :)

yessssssssss

Well that’s it, I’m starting Syndicate tonight. I don’t care about the chronological order of the games anymore, this sounds like so much fun.

Yeah… I enjoyed AC, AC2 & AC2 B, then skipped AC2 R. Came back for AC3, but burned out half way through. AC4 was great, but I skipped AC4 R and tried to get back in with AC U, but lost interest a third of the way in.

Question now is, do I give AC S a try or just wait to jump into AC O?

This is rather encouraging, since I felt I might Unity just never grabbed me and I starting to suspect I might be done with AC. Perhaps it was more that Unity wasn’t good? (and I’m not talking about the bugs. Somehow the gameplay just never pulled me in, compared to some of the earlier AC iterations.) – Compared to Far Cry, where I’ve completed all of the games, despite them being pretty samey.