Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

Really? Thanks.

Yep, I’ve accidentally gotten it right a few times. I think if you actually have the baddie targeted that’s aiming at you, you can quick-tap Y and shoot them first, which totally throws them off their game.

I’m really good at getting shot and my advice is free for a reason.

Oh, oh, I forgot. You can also in the time that the little Y circle is filling up, grab a baddie and they’ll get shot. At least in the older games, I haven’t tried it in Syndicate. (Can you even grab them anymore?)

I don’t think so. Although this seems quite enjoyable, the thought of clearing yet another map of yet another set of bad guy dens doesn’t fill me with joy.

I am really, really enjoying this game. Part of it is the predisposition I have for the setting. I’m so fond of Charles Dickens that I nearly shouted aloud when I met him in the game. So yeah, part of me wants to take over section of London I’m in just so I can traipse through the city and look at it and be in it. Which…probably isn’t how a whole lot of folks rate their experience in a game.

But beyond that, I really do think the game does a lot of things very well. The mechanics are good, the story has been terrific thus far, and I really like the characters a lot.

Yeah, I’m becoming much more pro UbiLondon than I am about the real one. Just been launching myself up Big Ben. Very nicely done.

I hate the intrusive UI though. In particular HOLD L + RT + B TO PERFORM LEAP OF FAITH. Does that invoke a spirit of agile adventure in anyone?

PS: The soundtrack is also nice, for Anglophiles. Same composer as Journey. I call it neo-Mendelssohn.

Playing this, seeing the Just Cause 3 trailers, now watching Arrow. My day is collapsing into one jumpy stabby blur.

And done. My favourite part was… well, ok my favourite part was London of course, but otherwise my favourite part was when you whistle up some gang members while you’re in a carriage, they hijack one of two of their own to keep up with you.

Taking over London turned out to be surprisingly fun, the missions had entertaining setups, and as ever you spend your time running up the wrong damn lamp post.

God Save The Queen!

Just finished it up. Gotta say, probably my favorite ‘base’ Assassins Creed game (ie, not including the two ‘Pirate’ games) since Brotherhood. I do wish they’d go back to calculating percent complete based only on completion of a mission, instead of doing it the ‘right’ way. I hate leaving games at 98%, but I’m not going to go back and try to clean up the rest just because some developer decided to put in some senseless optional restriction to the mission just to make it more challenging. Worst thing they ever did (which, ironically, started with Brotherhood).

Interesting to see where they move forward from here. There’s only so much more forward in time they can go, and although there’s certainly a lot of movement backwards they could do, in theory they’d lose some of the tools from the ‘future’ installments. Don’t know if they could really go much further than WWI (which did seem to work in this game in terms of the anomaly).

Also was OK with the ‘present’ activities being confined to just watching a movie. I always sort of enjoyed the ‘present-day’ espionage, but I don’t think the game is hurt by not having it.

On to Just Cause 3…

Anything about Syndicate to change someone’s mind who links the Assassin’s Creed series is OK at best? On sale at CDKeys.com for $20. If I want to give it a go I guess I’d be better off waiting a couple years to get it even cheaper since I’m not a big fan of UBI’s ‘follow the icons’ gameplay.

If you don’t want to follow the icons then you might as well skip it. Even though it’s the best one.

WW1…?

I just got to this stuff this afternoon, very cool and a lot of fun. Be warned, there was some sort of strange bug towards the end of the first mission that kept crashing my game, some sort of bug introduced in the latest patch if I read the Steam forums right, if you get a reproducible crash, pop in here and let us know and I’ll type up how I got around it, hopefully you can just avoid it all together…

I just googled that and I saw no such icon on my playthrough :(

Reinstalling dammit.

Assuming you’re talking about the time anomaly for the WWI stuff, it doesn’t show up until Sequence 6, if memory serves. It’s on the river all the way to the right.

Is there any sense to keep playing after the main sequences are done? It’s weird, there was no end credits or anything.

What, no 3 hours of credits?? It cannot be an AC game.

38 GB to reinstall. Grr. But worth it :) Not sure why I’m enjoying this one so much, but I am. It could be my braids.

Patch 1.31 released.

•Added DLC Jack The Ripper support
•Added additional parameter to AC.ini for disabling cloth motion 30FPS limits
•Fixed crash in multi-monitor mode in London
•Fixed FXAA with enabled MSAA
•Fixed changing of display in fullscreen mode issues
•Fixed flickering panel in World Map
•Fixed various render issues
•Fixed several online issues
•Minor UI improvements

Full log here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1347916-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-3-Notes-(PS4-Xbox-One-and-PC)

It’s on sale on Steam for the next 21 hours. £30. I bit.