Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Formerly 'Victory'

You. I like you.

I am not gonna lie, I got tired of ship combat after AC4 and Rogue. So its nice to have trains and horse drawn buggies.

Combat feels perfect in this, did they say they are changing it for Origins?

Huh, I liked Unity and Rogue much better than Syndicate. I did enjoy the Jack the Ripper DLC though.

Verily. Hit boxes, blah blah, terrible imho.

Personal preference, they are both good but I just feel this is better. My opinion might change, I am only a few hours into Syndicate.

…And I just became 19th century Batman/Batwoman.

So poison darts in this are easy mode, I never used them much in previous games. I can do gang hideout takeovers mostly from the rooftops now. :)

I wish they would have had the balls to make this game more Evie focused, she is just fantastic. And her eye animations are just top notch. The twins play very well off each other in cut scenes.

I also noticed with the way the roofs are done in this game, its hard to get good free running going, hence probably the need/inclusion of the bat claw. I am amused how the simple wrist blade is like a holds all gadget belt now.

I played the vast majority of the game as Evie. A lot of the missions are Jacob-heavy, but you start picking up more with Evie later on.

You have earned even more brownie points.

Argh! Stupid Assassin’s Creed threads!

Wrong thread! :D

I checked the wiki and I am nearing Sequence 6. I like all the side activities except the bounty hunts, and of course it seems there are a ton of them. Whats the penalty if the person dies?

I have around 1/3 of the zones under my gang control now.

Right now if I had to rank all the AC games, this would be in my top 3.

If your bounty dies I think you get half the XP and money.

There’s only really one of those I never could get back alive in 3 playthroughs.

Only 3 zones of London left to take over, still quite a few side quests to do. I really like how they game isn’t as punishing if you do mess up. I will say the river area would have been extremely tedious without the line launcher.

Gangs are the highlight of this game, call yours in and taking over areas is wayyyy easy. Being able to call in a carriage full of Rooks is so sweet.

Bounty hunts are a lot easier if you control most of the area before doing them. Knocking out the person helps also. And I also like that you can take out an enemy gang leader before the final gang fight in that sector.

This AC team did one hell of a job hiding loot chests in plain sight. I bought a few treasure maps to get some easy cash/resources, and some the chests I must have passed a dozen times!

Anyone unlock the secret in the sewers, you have to collect music boxes for it. I am sure its not worth the work. :p

Gonna have this finished up by next week. Then onto Origins!

I liked the way that if you had gang members with you and you got in a carriage to small for them, they would hijack their own to keep up with you :)

The music boxes are by far not worth the work. You get couuuugh for haaaack and it’s not even good. Plus the thing is ugly as sin.

What other two games do you like best?

I like Syndicate a lot as well.

Not that anyone asked, but if I had to rank them, I’d go

1. AC2
  2. Syndicate
  3. AC3 (I like the story and intro)

Wow, someone that’s on my side.

I asked! =)

I’ve only tried a bit of AC1, and I have Syndicate, but haven’t tried it yet. Also played a bit of Freedom Cry but I’m not a fan of shooting down ships, so I gave that up.

Thought I’d give a few of the best games a go before I play Origins, but I guess it doesn’t really matter much story wise.
Might get the Ezio collection though.

Since AC2 is the only one I hated, but I’ve only played up to Revelations, now I’m wondering if I’ll aslo hate Syndicate and AC3 Jason.

The Ezio stuff is probably the best, but I’m not sure how it has aged.