Assassin's Creed: Unity - Vive la révolution!

They take things way too literal.

“Investigate INSIDE the chappel”
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39732717403667704/298F7ACFE05746C9835C4A771D0D2EB70DC1B363/

The game runs fine for me… but reading all the negative reviews… so damn sad. Obviously this game could have used a few more months for optimization and released in the Spring. hell they already have Rogue out as well. But despite all the negative I still see alot of good in the game so far, the art and look is so dripping with richness… its hard to describe… its alot like Revelations but spread out.

I haven’t noticed that many bugs or glitches. most annoying bug is npc’s popping in and out… it feels like the Matrix! which … it is (obviously unintentional).

I think that having started playing this series late last year has made me more anticipating of the series… I don’t have 5 or 6 years of playing AC that others have… just a few months grinding out the games. I literally paid like 50 bux for AC1-ACIII then got ACIV on sale. So, for myself personally, the series has been the best money spent in years.

They need to update that. It doesn’t mention F2P monetization within the $60 retail game.

The $99.00 in-game “Hex Credits” offer is amazing.

It says “microtransactions” on the left border of the rightmost image. :P

For those who have tried co-op, do you have a sense of how many missions there are to do and how long they would take? I’m wondering if my brother, sister and I should get this for our weekly co-op sessions. Is it worth getting solely for the co-op?

There’s no world in which $99 is a “micro” transaction.

:/

I wouldn’t recommend it primarily for co-op. The missions and abilities you have available is tied to your solo progress, so everyone would need to work through the single player game as well.

Yea it’s sad Ubi has really lost it. Watch Dogs was fun but lackluster at least it tried some new things, multiplayer was nifty. Shadow of Mordor has really put Assassins Creed to shame lately in pretty much every way possible; technically, gameplay, the plot is more believable etc.

Tom M

Oh, well. Thanks for the info.

Ubisoft’s response so far:

We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations. This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, but rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available.

Nevermind the consoles reporting shitastic framerates in many environments.

Hey, maybe the consoles are just one of the AMD CPU/GPU combos they’re talking about!

Could be!

There are some beautiful rendering fuckups in this game.

My favorite glitch video so far was posted today by Kotaku:

VROOOM!

That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome. And me too. See some other good ones here:

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/532637023275065344

Ok I’m canning the WTF is of Assassins Creed Unity. This game crashes frequently, its an unoptimized mess and a waste of time

Ubi definitely getting their money’s worth out of those 10 dev studios that worked on this.

Is there any way to play the co-op missions solo? I don’t really play multi-player, but I want those sync points to build up my assassin.