Assassin's Creed: Unity - Vive la révolution!

No, some of the contributors fell through the floor on release day.

Patch 4 delayed, while they ‘refurbish’ the Paris map. Wonder what that means?

What’s even more interesting reading the comments is people complaining that Ubi have yet to deliver on the free game offer for Season Pass holders - nearly three weeks later?!

Bloody hell they just can’t dig themselves out of this hole they made for themselves.

Well that sounds intriguing. What a weird word to use. Refurbish?

-Tom

Sounds like they are changing the map itself, rather than just rewriting code. I’m definitely interested in the finished result.

I wonder if they’re culling geometry to improve framerates, lessen parkour hang-ups, or just fixing errors?

I woulda gone with revolutionary changes, myself.

You’re welcome, I’ll be here all night!

“Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us…”

Wow.

The patch is rolling out now on consoles. It’s 6.7GB.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best experience for our players, we will be releasing Patch 4 for Assassin’s Creed Unity today. This patch is mainly focused on alleviating performance issues and improving the overall experience.

Part of the team’s effort to enhance frame rate for players involves replacing and updating portions of the Paris city map where we are seeing issues. This explains the large size of this title update (6.7 GB). However, since a large portion of the patch replaces existing files the net increase to the game’s overall size will be less than 6.7 GB.

Patch 4 delivers a variety fixes including:

•Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression
•Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests
•Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app

PC gets it later this week.

Lot of interesting stuff

Patch 4 Release Notes

Here are the details of Patch 4. This Patch is rolling out to PS4 now, and will be available for Xbox One players later today (December 16). PC players can expect the patch later this week.
Patch 4 release date: December 16th
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One
PC coming later this week.
Size: 6.7 GB
Stability, Performance and Save Game
    Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
    Implemented multiple optimizations and fixes to improve overall performance
    Fixed save issue caused by the companion app on the main menu (loss of data)
    Fixed save issue caused by contacts list (crash occurring). Users should now have access to save
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
    Fixed various navigation issues
    Fixed issues with lock picking chests
    Fixed additional haystack issues
Character, AI and Crowd
    Fixed various character, crowd station and NPC issues
Online, Matchmaking, Connectivity and Replication
    Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
    Fixed various issues with voice chat
    Fixed join-in-progress issues
    Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
    Fixed issues with player rank and COOP/heist rewards
    Fixed issues with Helix credits
    Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Menus and HUD
    Fixed HUD icon issues and issues with map information
    Fixed various Initiates issues
    Fixed additional issues with notifications
Mission tweaks (campaign, coop and side content)
    Fixed various low occurrence walkthrough breaks in both Campaign and COOP
    Fixed various NPC issues
    Fixed issue with the quest log disappearing for specific side missions
World and 3D
    Fixed various collision and mesh issues
    Fixed additional issues where player would fall through the world
    Fixed specific areas where textures were missing
PC-Specific
    Fixed crash on "Quit to Windows" in free roam mode
    Fixed crash on accepting multiple "Join the club" requests
    Fixed issues with TXAA
    Fixed issues with PCSS
    Fixed issues with textures on NPCs
    Fixed black texture issues on MSAA-4x, MSAA-8x and TXAA
    Right Control now can be assigned as a hotkey
    Minor UI fixes

Remember, rigorous QC is very important to Ubisoft…

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Holy shit. Instead of fixing the NPC pop-in, Ubisoft added an effect to make it seem like a purposeful Animus glitch.

Observe the Animus lines that materialize:

I guess that’s one way to do it. I mean it’s not as good as, you know, fixing it. But if not then at least that’s better than nothing.

It always did that, as far as I know. Although I’ve never had NPCs pop in literally on top of me as in the gif.

Not for random NPC pop-in. I just played through 3 and 4 last month. Random pop-in happened, but never a foot in front of my character, while running and there was no Animus graphics. The only time that appeared is during one of the transitions from mission to mission when the whole scene changed and the Animus was fast-forwarding you.

Hmm, I may be thinking of Assassin’s Creed 3.

I’ve seen pop-in like that in Unity. Not often but several times over the game. The animus lines are new, and as CraigM said… one way to do it :) I’ll check it out when the FreeLC turns up.

So apparently Patch 4 came out while I wasn’t watching for PC. Has anyone played through this on PC fully patched yet?

Got this on the PS4 for Xmas. Finally got to patch it up last night. Did the intro, got my grown up future assassin, first mission is go tackle a guy. Easy! I tackle dudes all the time in previous AC games. I catch the guy and press the circle button, slide about 55 yards on a knee and am now stuck in the floor of someone’s house. I start taking damage and eventually die. Is the game saved? Why no, have fun watching the last few cutscenes again. (I turned the PS4 off and did other things.)

Vesper: I have. Anything in particular you would like to know?

Knightsaber: That sucks! You should be able to skip cutscenes, though.

Are the Nostradamus/enigma riddles literally riddles? That is to say, interpreting the text of the riddle and locating the next step within the game world? There’s no map icon for each step, dumbing it down? That seems very un-Ubisoft to me.

If this is the case, did anyone actually do these without a guide?