Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Oh, you didn’t finish do the story arcs of the other areas before finishing the main story?

You’ll get a pretty interesting video of all the clips gathered if you collect all the anomalies (I read a few gaming reviews of the ending, especially about whether Loki/Basim is evil or not, which to me is quite clear he is. The anomaly-video gives some more insight on this, I saw a few people debating if Basim really is Loki since he wasn’t offered a cup, but the video clearly shows Loki going in there, killing one of the other gods (couldn’t make out who it was) and drink the drink and put on the mask in his place.

Also, about the good/bad intentions of
Loki: first of all, why on earth did Laylas friends not shoot him on the spot, already knowing he’s Loki and what he did? And WHY did they tell him the name of the leader of the Assassins? He’s obviously up to no good. He’s talking to his crazy lady-love in the staff, telling her how he’s going to “bring his family together” which is… what… a giant snake, a giant wolf and the queen of the dead?? For all we know, he wants the world to end.
Also - the evil laugh of his in the boss fight with Eivor. If that doesn’t YELL evil at you, then I don’t know what does.

Oh well. RIP Layla. Good luck with that tree stuff.

I think you go too far thinking that Isu genes consume people. We see several people who are influenced by memory and personality of Isu in their genes. Some, like shaman’s mother and Basim, lose their mind. But in the case of Eivor and Sigurd it’s clear they’re still the same persons they were before. Basim was temporarily mad because of all the Isu nonsense but when Layla speaks to him he’s clearly better and had enough time to clear his mind in that VR sandbox of his. Even if he IS Loki what does it mean exactly? All we know he didn’t like Odin and maybe had a part in Isu downfall. But we ourselves are not fans of Odin. And we’re trying to stop Isu machine so someone who helped destroy Isu might be of help.

Hmm, you have a point here that not all of them exactly ARE the pure incarnation of that same character.
But the scene where Basim gets out of the machine in present day and takes the staff and starts talking to it/her says it all for me. I don’t exactly feel like they’re presenting him as a particularly well intentioned-person. He’s calling the staff “my love” and says he’s going to bring back his family, meaning he is 100% Loki. And we all know Loki is never up to any good…
Sure we want to stop the Isus, but Loki doesn’t seem to care about human kind either, he just cares about himself. If he has to bring down the entire world, he’ll probably do that just to get his way.
(And god NO we did not like Odin! Lol)

He might just be 51%
Loki. He knows he spent a millennium in that dungeon. It’s not like Basim side of him has anything to care about in the world. He may still care about Unseen ones/assassins but it’s his job and Isu are his family, kinda.

Not saying he’s not a villain, he probably is. It’s just that Assassins don’t really have a reason not to trust him. He gone mad and tried to kill some ancient Viking who wasn’t even an Assassin. But he spent a lot of time trying to save humanity and help assassins so they’re justified in trusting him. They don’t know if there’s any sinister about him getting the staff, for all they know Layla just decided to drop the staff for Basim who clearly needed it more than her. For all they know he overcame his Loki issues and is fine like Eivor or Sigurd so now he’s just an ancient Assassin who knows a lot of Isu stuff.

Sure, but you’re still ignoring the fact that he outright says his mission is to bring his family together? He tells it to the staff. Also if you walk around in present time as him, interacting with everything you can, he also talks like Loki.

Fair enough, they don’t have a reason to kill him maybe, but they surely do not have a good reason tot tell him who the leader of the assassins is right now. That is like, what, one of their most valued secrets? And they just tell it to a random stranger who just came out of a machine that kept him in another realm for a few thousand years. He got it all a little too easy.

I dunno. Either way, it’s a hefty spin. Very curious what the next game will bring.

I hope it brings more wolf shirts.

Have you folks played Odyssey and Origins? I’ve never been interested in this series but just played Odyssey and loved it. Is Origins worth a play for me?

If you loved Odyssey you will at least like Origins.

I feel Odyssey is superior to Origins. I enjoyed Origins when I played it, but really loved Odyssey.

I can see myself going back and replaying Odyssey, I can’t say the same for Origins. I found Kassandra a more enjoyable protagonist than the major character in Origins.

My take as well. The actress for Kassandra is just fantastic.

Origins has a way better setting imho vs Odyssey.

I loved Odysseh, but never finished Origins. They really took the good stuff from Origins and tweaked it for the better, both in Odyssey and Valhalla. You might still enjoy it, but be prepared for a little let down :)
I will go back to it after this and finish it though, just for craving some more lore.

I did all of the story areas in england and Vinland, then finished Asgard and Jotunland, then went back to Norway with Sigurd.

I’ve been fiddling around cleaning up the last few things here and there and this latest patch is absolute crap on PC. Crashes everywhere, broken lip-sync on cut-scenes, etc… Whatever they did, it made things worse not better.

I definitely notice the lip-sync issue. And occasionally the voice dialog will completely drop out, requiring a restart, but that’s pretty rare.

Overall my biggest complaint with this game is the annoying block of text covering my Orlog dice when I’m trying to decide my God power.

Hmmm

I have now gotten the bow from the method described. I feel dirty but also triumphant.

Haha, I did notice that in most cutscenes after the last upgrade, characters stopped moving their lips alltogether. Other than that, they neatly fixed up ALL the bugs I’ve had previously.

I felt weird about going to get Thor’s Hammer. Given that it’s such a powerful weapon, why is it hidden in the least place anyone would ever go after finishing the game? It really makes no sense to me.
Finding the Excalibur was at least a bit story driven, reading som clues and notes plus an actual cave that is marked on the map.

I don’t get it, are we supposed to get the bow through a later DLC? Lol, why did they put it there if they didn’t “intend” anyone to get it