Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I loved Odysseh, but never finished Origins. They really took the good stuff from Origins and tweaked it for the better, both in Odyssey and Valhalla. You might still enjoy it, but be prepared for a little let down :)
I will go back to it after this and finish it though, just for craving some more lore.

I did all of the story areas in england and Vinland, then finished Asgard and Jotunland, then went back to Norway with Sigurd.

I’ve been fiddling around cleaning up the last few things here and there and this latest patch is absolute crap on PC. Crashes everywhere, broken lip-sync on cut-scenes, etc… Whatever they did, it made things worse not better.

I definitely notice the lip-sync issue. And occasionally the voice dialog will completely drop out, requiring a restart, but that’s pretty rare.

Overall my biggest complaint with this game is the annoying block of text covering my Orlog dice when I’m trying to decide my God power.

Hmmm

I have now gotten the bow from the method described. I feel dirty but also triumphant.

Haha, I did notice that in most cutscenes after the last upgrade, characters stopped moving their lips alltogether. Other than that, they neatly fixed up ALL the bugs I’ve had previously.

I felt weird about going to get Thor’s Hammer. Given that it’s such a powerful weapon, why is it hidden in the least place anyone would ever go after finishing the game? It really makes no sense to me.
Finding the Excalibur was at least a bit story driven, reading som clues and notes plus an actual cave that is marked on the map.

I don’t get it, are we supposed to get the bow through a later DLC? Lol, why did they put it there if they didn’t “intend” anyone to get it

Completed everything now, by the way. The only thing I have left on my map is two stone cairns that I can’t for the life of me complete, and two altars (I got tired of fishing).

Oh, and a bunch of hoard maps.

Still; this is what my codex says;

Anyone else? Or did I miss something? :/

I could easily have missed some remote part of a corner of the world that would be a location, but factions and an important character? How!

I cannot get HDR properly working on my LG CX9 [email protected] PC. It’s just too dark/dim. Does anybody else have experienced this? There are some posts on reddit speaking of broken HDR. But if so it should be fixed by now I’d imagine.

Huzzah!

If you don’t want to click through Reddit to watch a 10-minute video to finally get to the solution, it’s below.

You have to hit that island rock with Excalibur precisely at sunset to get bow.

Honestly, the cheat method sounds better.

Just started this the other day. I’m like 7 hours in and still in Norway lol.

Don’t rush it. Take your time, there’s non reason to leave Norway until you are ready and you can go back at the end.

I was about 85 hours in and for some reason the game lost my latest cloud saves and manual quick saves, losing me ~10 hours of progress.

I was really digging this; first AC I’ve played since the first. I’m going to have to put it down, though. I’ll pick it back up in a few months when replaying content I just plowed through doesn’t have quite the sting.

The later you leave Norway, the later you see a game title and learn what game are you playing.

I’d recommend an approach somewhere between this. Yes, you’ll want to get to England farily quickly to start the “proper” game. There are a lot of areas in Norway that you aren’t ment to play yeat (given that the level is something over 300 as well), including the Drengr-fight up in the mountains just close to your settlement. But still, enjoy that little time in the snow anyways and do the quick missions around there. When you eventually get back to Norway, running around in the area you started in isn’t very appealing

To be serious I recommend not thinking about recommended levels and zone completion and the like. I’ve completed the game being severely underleveled on Nightmare difficulty. It’s not like there’s any content you can miss and the game doesn’t have any weird moments like some previous AC games (Origins specifically) or recent Cyberpunk 2077 when the story rushes you forward while gameplay suggests you have to do sidequests and explore.

It’s a chill game. Chill in Norway. Later chill in England and [REDACTED] not to mention [REDACTED].

The only thing the game should have highlighted more: don’t try Ragnar’s suicidal veterans and zealots. Those are completely optional and should only be engaged with when you’re higher level. Even then I’d ignore them.

Well these are two completely different approaches, so it’s basically not about recommendations, rather personal preferences. My experience was quite the opposite, I’ve completed all areas, done all quests and had tons of fun with it. There are som really interesting stories to be found there, and I’ve enjoyed every second of it. I wouldn’t want to skip any of those now, looking back on it.

Ignoring this means missing out on one of the coolest armor and weapon in the game.