Assassin's Creed Valhalla

A plus side to Jotunheim: it has tricky little illusion puzzles that would be enjoyable if you´re playing on a device that can handle them. I´m guessing this feature might be one of the reasons I´m having so much trouble with the area, it might be that the PS4 doesn´t handle it very well.

Indeed. I started the region this afternoon and realised only the earlier allies seem to come to help.

As for keys in mid air, you don’t mean those like in the trials dungeons where you can catch them by pressing Y (on Xbox) mid air ? I don’t remember bugged keys. But near in mind I collected maybe half a dozen stones there that were mostly on my way and ignored all the rest to beeline the story. And it was the better for it. I really don’t care about the stones in either territory.

The game sounds really frustrating at this point for you. Sorry to hear that as it’s been behaving well for me. It would really spoil my enjoyment and opinion of it if I encountered all those issues.

Yes! I loved that aspect of it. That was the redeeming feature for me. Still hate the area. But persevere. The tie in to the story there should at least be a raised eyebrow moment. That’s about the best I can say, unfortunately. The story and illusions (and not caring about stones) made it a bit more enjoyable to me than the first part.

Nah, this one´s a bug I found in other threads. You have to shoot down a plateau and the keys are supposed to be falling down with them, but they stay in the air =) You have to hold in Y / triangle to get it, so it´s not possible to just jump past it. Here´s a clip:
https://twitter.com/aakermank/status/1343934762608717824?s=20

Yeah, it´s a shame actually, because I really like the game otherwise. It´s the bugs that gets me, and the fact that they stop me from completing all areas and missions (I have a few more in England where wealth isn´t possible to collect, and the mission with Octavian and the Yule-ale-quest). I guess I could hold off playing it til I have my PS5, but also find it a bit disappointing that I should have to do so, since it´s released for PS4 as well. Also - I have two weeks off and not much else to do, soo =)

But yeah, bugs aside, I´m relly loving the game

Let me know how you feel about Sigurd when you’re finished saving him =))))))

https://twitter.com/aakermank/status/1343934762608717824?s=20

Ugh. Yeah. That’s terrible. I remember that place. I’m glad I didn’t try it.

I’m going through lot of trouble burning the countryside to save him. There better be gratitude and thanks and apologies for being a douche earlier!

Alright, skipped the mysteries and stones in Jotunheim and just did the story. So… thoughts now:

Eivor is Odin, reincarnated after mixing her (edit: his)… eye, with the water in the Mimir well and the mead, to survive Ragnarok.
Loki has to be Basim, based on face and voice and corresponding stories (in Cent, I think, when he and Eivor has a heart to heart, he tells her that someone he trusted killed his son).
Also - in the animus anomaly-events, the “Unknown male voice” sounds like Basim to me. Not that I know what that means yet.

So … Basim wants to kill Eivor? Why hasn’t he yet, though?
And who is Sigurd then, reincarnated as? Thor? Tyr? Freyja? Lol that would be fun…

Correction. I came back after the initial quests and all my allies arrived before the assault, each with their own gift. But I’m guessing it’s more flavour than necessity.

That’s where I’m at with my understanding of the story too. I thought that was a nice little turn to take. Not unexpected, but neat.

Hmm yeah, we’ll see how neat it is. As for now, huge question marks.

Basim must already now that he is Loki, which would also mean he still wants to kill Odin/Eivor? And… the mind boggles. Is the Brotherhood of Assasins founded by THE TRICKSTER?

Did you go back to Asgard directly after Jotunheim? It’s a quickie, and you’ll quickly see who Sigurd is the reincarnation of

Ah no. I think it recommended level 350. I’ll have to do that then.

Edit: Oh! That makes sense.

For anyone who enjoyed rooftoops, sneaking and delving a bit more into The Order-scheme in Lunden, you’re also gonna love Jorvik.
I love that they mixed these more classic AC moments in this vast green open world landscape, I just wish those chapters lasted a little bit longer :)

Now, onto Euviscire and more snowy hills!

How do you even damage a Zealot, much less defeat one? I’m not at all sure what the game wants me to do. With the stamina system I spend most of the stamina dodging. They’re immune to light and heavy attacks. It seems it wants me to parry them to win? But parry sucks in Valhalla compared to Odyssey, I barely understand how blocking works here anyway so I tend to just dodge everything. I don’t have enough arrows to shoot them, my preferred tactic. What’s the secret missing?

There’s no trick - just sounds like you’re underleveled for the one you’re facing. Run away!

You can see their power levels on the Order page if it’s not visible elsewhere.

You dodge their attacks and hit them. If they have a skull icon next to their name, you are very under levelled and will not really be able to damage them.

Yea, sadly it’s not the level ;). I’m level 90 fighting a level 30 zone Zealot.

I’ll probably beat the game before I manage to beat a single Zealot if this is how they all are.

I thought the minimum level for a zealot was 90

Zealot level is not related to the level of the zone. They range from 90-270 at least.

Yes, Zealots are no joke. Not like the level-appropriate (often) Mercenaries in Odyssey.

As of the last patch, Zealots have a set starting level, but if you out-level their starting level, they scale to your higher level.