Assassin's Creed Valhalla

The only way I’m aware of to get a sword without the DLC is to purchase it using Ubi-points in their Connect Store.

There is a “free” one available. You just have to use 100 of the points you can get from Challenges.

Edit: And one of the past seasonal festival events gave away a sword too.

Thanks.

So if I buy France dlc or the pass will I find regular usable swords on the loot table early on or just in France content?

Seems like they are limited to the dlc, unless you buy the one with ubi coins.

There isn’t a loot table for weapons or armor. Valhalla is very different from Odyssey in that respect. That stuff is all hand-placed and only available in the chests or on mini-bosses that the devs have set up. There are no one-handed swords in the base game’s map.

I wound up using the spear from the Druid DLC mostly anyhow, or before that, a two-handed axe wielded in one hand. Some of the one-handed swords are IIRC pretty good, but as always it’s a trade off and a matter or style. Or if you want to use the FOTM min/max set up, etc.

Real Wikings use two-handed swords. Sometimes one-handed.

The realest vikings use two two-handed swords one handed.

Aesir wield Vikings wielding two-handed swords one-handed. #sorry

My biggest disappointment with the game.

Why do they keep removing the stuff I like? They took the shields out of Origins for Odyssey, then they took the swords and ALL THE LOOT out for Valhalla! :D

The next game will have no shields, no swords, no loot, and no character. You will just be ushered straight to the credits.

90% of the next game will be something I hate from Valhalla , I’ll go with:

Oh, some of those were great. Especially that one with the waves crashing over it :)

Hahahaha. The anomalies and the stupid rock-balancing tasks. Hated both of them.

In many, many hours of Valhalla, I completed exactly…zero rock balancing tasks.

One is required by the story, I think?.. it was the first one I’ve found and the only one I’ve solved.

Maybe? I really don’t recall, but if it was early on, I might have. Sure as heck didn’t do the others. Or the “align the mystical stones” stuff. Can never remember how to do those.

Those were fun too :) One of the biggest missed opportunities in Ubigames IMO is that all those things are completely independent. If you had to choose to create a particular shape with ley lines between certain of the standing stones or something, that would be a lot more interesting than 16 standalone versions of the same puzzle.

Speaking of swords, they have another time-limited freebie challenge going. Kill anyone in-game with a one-handed sword and you can claim “Basim’s Sword” in Ubisoft Connect for your game.

The big update hitting next week requires a full reinstall of the game files for future support, including the big expansion coming next year.

Um, yay?