Assassins Creed - What a rush

Wow. I just realized that I posted right after one of the developers of the game. That’s awkward. Love the game, Charles, just running out of novelty. Looking forward to see where the current / future story goes.

At the GDC session today they mentioned a few things that got cut due to time constraints (though it was mostly aesthetic stuff like NPCs drinking from fountains etc.); I think the world is really promising and hope to see it become richer and more complex in the next two games.

I’m with many people in that AC is a bit thin as a game, but as technology, I still gape slack jawed at it. Ubi went all out to go beyond the “three NPCs looping a crap dancing animation in a nightclub” syndrome, and managed it brilliantly.

That’s interesting. I found the early stage combat very tedious, but it got better with more skills (especially the counter attacks that speed it up).

Yeah, it was tedious in the beginning because half the system was denied to you.

I enjoyed the combat when it was relatively small number of enemies (10 or so) that were a mix of difficult to kill, (Shiny helmets!) and easy one-shots.

But to be fair, Charles, the final two boss fights were just loads and loads of combat and little free-running and stealth killing. That was sort of tedious.

I found the combat okay at best, but very far from one of the best parts of the game.

Though nothing beats The Kingdom for sheer mind-numbing tedium.

I have not played the game as I don’t have a console, but I’ve watched my friend play. All those strategically-placed hay carts made me laugh. I wouldn’t let my friend live it down. I began making bets with him, “Hey! Jump off that ledge! If you don’t land in some hay I’ll give you $5!” Ridiculous. But funny.

Yeah, I hated that movie too. I don’t think we even finished it.

I loved Assassin’s Creed, though, in spite of the frustrations and the clusterfuxk final three missions.

Man, some nitpicky mofo’s in here! I love the combat and had a blast all the way to the end. It’s not perfect but it’s still an awesome game.

This game made me go watch Kingdom of Heaven, which in turn made me want to play the game again. Well, that, and M2TW Kingdoms.