Atari to Publish 1C Games in North America

1C Company is happy to announce that it will begin publishing its titles in the United States. Between a new distribution and co-publishing partnership with Atari, Inc. and new offices in the West, consumers will soon be able to buy 1C’s game in most retailers across the US.

Press Release

The following are listed as in development on the 1C international website.

Rig’n’Roll
Theatre of War (World War II RTS)
Blood Magic
Parkan II
PT Boats: Knights of the Sea
Captain Blood
Ascension to the Throne
You Are Empty
XIII Century
Whirlwind of Vietnam: UH-1
Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey
Sniper
Death to Spies
A.I.M. 2: Clan Wars
Star Wolves 2
Freight Tycoon Inc.
Adrenalin 2: Rush Hour
The Tomorrow War
Fantasy Wars
King’s Bounty: The Legend

Wow.

Atari has fallen… AGAIN! At this rate, Atari (or whoever’s the force behind Atari) will buy the name “Interplay” and start publishing under that label, instead, since there’s more good will for Interplay.

You know, reviewing that list again: wow. It’s possible some of these won’t completely suck, but doesn’t seem particularly likely!

I thought Tomorrow War was being looked forward to by a significant portion of qt3?

I’ve heard some good things about Ascension to the Throne (strategy/RPG), Blood Magic (aka Dawn of Magic) seemed to receive a reasonable response to the recent demo release and King’s Bounty is the game from Katauri (ex Elemental, Space Rangers 2). Doesn’t look all bad, depending on the localisations.

Yeah if Atari publishes them starforce free I may buy some of them. Here’s hoping that they can sign up with an online distribution service for those like Stardock or Steam.

I am but I don’t know how well it will translate. It did well enough in Russia to merit an expansion called Factor K.

Not on 1C’s list but worth mentioning are 7.62 (the Brigade E5 sequel) and the RPG Not A Time For Dragons