Atlanta Season 2 - FX - "Robbin' Season"

The new season of Atlanta is finally here. Subtitled “Robbin’ Season”, we are back to the world of Donald Glover’s Atlanta ala Tiny Toons.

I want to say, that I had a VHS copy of “How I Spent My Vacation” and watched that about 100 times as a kid.

Really looking forward to the new season.

Episode 1 had Katt Williams, an Alligator, and a gunfight.

Wow, that last episode was intense. I’m on the tail end of it right now.
BTW, it’s super clear that the actress playing Van actually speaks German.
Also, I don’t get the Tiny Toons connection. Are there allusions to that show in each episode that I’m not seeing?

This season has been incredible so far.

Yeah, Zazie Beet’s is half African-American half German. She was born in Germany too.

Now that season two is finished, I can still say it’s my favorite show on TV. I don’t remember the last time I thought the same show was the absolute best thing on TV for two consecutive seasons. The Simpsons I guess, in a retroactive way. I imagine three won’t premier until 2020 at the earliest, given how Glover’s acting career is starting to take off (the same is true for the other stars too based on their IMDB pages). At least we get Van in Deadpool 2 in a few weeks.

Just finished this season. This show is so very good. From the actor’s performances (All 4 leads are great) to the surrealism of director Hiro Murai, and the looseness of the shows direction, this show is like nothing else on TV.

Excellent ending as well, that could sit as the series finale if needed.

Also, as a certified white person, I feel a bit cringey about some of the effusive praise over this show. I mean I think that Donald Glover is a visionary artist. The praise is not undeserved but I also think that it just sounds like…

I finally started watching Atlanta. I was lukewarm on it until S1 E7. That’s the one with the talk show Montague. Genius! I love it! It was great. All the little conversations, topped off by how the pro-trans doctor and Paper boi were agreeing.

I also liked that weirdo trading up phone->sword->dog. I liked how he gave his phone to Troy to trade in, and how he says “we’re friends now!”