Atomic Heart - Soviet Bioshock

Is it just me, or does it look like the game is running at less than 30fps in that video? It was not smooth, even though the video ran at 30fps and didn’t drop any frames.

Could be frame pacing issues.

Indeed. Very concerning when they can’t get the game running smooth for their marketing material.

More androids should have kickass cop mustaches.

Wow, great video. Hopefully the final game will allow subtitles so that I can know what the Russian language talking is saying.

In that last fight, it kind of reminded me of maybe what a Dark Souls game would be like in first person. Looks like they have a good first person melee combat system. Reminds me of Skyrim, which also has a decent one.

Releasing December 2022 and will be available on Game Pass at launch.

Still looks brilliant.

I may be biased but central/eastern european video games best videogames

No I think everyone knows that ;)

Haha, I really do admire your genuine enthusiasm for Eastern European games. You can tell they offer an authored, non-homogenized sensibility that aligns with what you value in games.

I think it’s because they got into making games later. So their motivation to get into the industry was to make those same kind of games that they fell in love with, like Fallout, System Shock 2, etc. Whereas the Western and Japanese developers were already existing industries that kept following the trends as they saw them.

At least, that’s my theory.

That trailer looks interesting but it has the usual Eastern European thing of awful, almost comically flat voice acting. Must say though the graphics look very nice indeed.

The trailer looked a bit more combat intensive than Bioshock. It reminds me a little more of Half-life levels of combat + the now standard bioshock/prey/dishonored “extra” abilities.

Some of the best monster/creature design in a long time. Even in their original trailers.

Man, that looked nice, but the comically slow “2022” was, well, really comically slow.

https://youtu.be/htsbjacAcZw

Clickbaiting unfortunately :(
Nothing looks new in this one, but he knows how to write his titles that guy, I guess ;)