Atomic Heart - Soviet Bioshock

Jensen Ackles can do no wrong.

Can’t believe they’re releasing a game called Atomic Heart on Feb 21 and not Feb 14, Valentine’s Day. It was right there.

I think they should have licensed Paul Westerberg’s “Dyslexic Heart” for their theme song.

“Do I love ya, do I hate ya, do I got an atomic heart”

https://youtu.be/MVhBEtTSEcE

He is mostly known for the long lived and beloved Supernatural.

You got that right. I guess MS probably picked the date since it’s on game pass.

You apparently missed out on the greatest show ever.

He’s also “Soldier Boy” on “The Boys”.

Reviews should be in less than 4 hours apparently.

Any predictions on metascore?

mine is: 86

Too high, 82 is more realistic.

I bet it has lots of European Jank. I hope it doesn’t! But I bet it does. prediction 78.

All in for Eurojank: 91.

If the game is out today and there still are no reviews, then it strongly suggests that they have a stinker on their hands and they know it.

I can’t recall a single game that had review embargos until or even on the day of release that did not turn out to have some major problems.

Gamepass FTW!? :D

There will be reviews. In like, half an hour.

My point was about being no reviews until this time.
If you have a game that you feel is really good, why would you have such a review embargo?
If you have a game that you have your doubts about or even know sucks, I can see a reason for such a late review embargo.

Time will tell. Maybe it will be some awesome game with an overwhelmingly positive reviews on steam. I really doubt, but it is possible.

I think plenty of good games have embargo expire a day before release or even on release. It can be about marketing, wanting to maximize exposure on day of release.

BTW I changed my windows region to new zealand…

and the game just started, from gamepass.

I can see where y ou are coming from on this one - I had the same thought. More often than not we see review embargos drop earlier in the week than a game’s release, like Tue/Wed for reviews and Friday for launch.

That said, when a review embargo is 24 hours prior to the game I can recall many times the reviews were pretty good and wondering why the hold up on the embargo. I don’t have an answer, but I don’t think this is necessarily doom and gloom, either.

That said, the gameplay and videos I’ve seen for this don’t incide “high 80s or above” so I’m going go with a safe 78. It looks fun, it’s pretty, but it’s probably shallow and wears out its welcome, unless the story is a lot stronger than I believe.

I am just going to take a wait and see. I have other things to play. I sure hope it turns out to be awesome, but I think it would be risky at best to buy this today. Give it a few days and see how things pan out.